Automotive USB Type-C
Cypress Semiconductor has become part of Infineon Technologies: Its product range is a perfect match. Infineon now offers the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio for linking the real with the digital world – comprising an unparalleled range of hardware, software and security solutions for the connected age.
Strengthening the link between the real and the digital world
Automotive USB Type-C and Power Delivery enabler
As more consumer devices (such as phones, tablets, and laptops) support USB-C and Power Delivery, the need for USB-C and Power Delivery ports in cars is increasing. Consumers expect to be able to fast-charge all their devices (including laptops and tablets) over USB-C, as well as new features such as smart mirroring for rear-seat entertainment.
EZ-PD CCGx Automotive are families of programmable, highly integrated Type-C and PD controllers targeted towards intelligent, in-vehicle charger ports (head units, rear-seat chargers, and rear-seat entertainment). Infineon' Automotive controllers are fully AECQ-100 qualified and enable OEMs to implement smart features including:
- Dynamic load sharing between ports
- Support for USB Power Delivery 3.0 including PPS as well as legacy protocols (BC 1.2, QC 2.0/3.0/4.0+, Apple Charging, Samsung AFC)
- Single-chip solution for systems with Type-C + Type-A (with CCG3PA Automotive)
- Smart communication to media hubs in head unit
- Support for Alternate Modes (DisplayPort) for rear-seat entertainment systems
- Cable compensation to account for designs with pigtails
- Smart power management, with thermal- and VIN-based power throttling
- Programmability enabling customization such as port priority, LED controls etc.
- Flash upgradability to keep up with the latest USB Power Delivery standards.
Learn more about: