Classic PROFET™ 24V | Automotive Smart High-Side Switch Classic PROFET™ 24 V are protected high-side power switches for a broad application range in automotive (CAV) and industry segments
Infineon‘s Classic PROFET™ 24V are very versatile protected high side switches for a broad application range from CAV (commercial - trucks, busses-, construction and agriculture vehicles), to industrial applications (robotics, process automation, energy distribution, etc). The products (1ch, 2ch and 4ch) offers several protection features, as well as status diagnostic function (mainly) and current sense diagnostic (some). A unique 8ch device (BTS4880R) and two very fast switching devices (AUIPS7221/1-RTRL, up to 100 kHz) supplement the portfolio for specific requirements. High energy robustness, an extended operating voltage range (up to 60V), low current limitation (high ohmic products) and high clamping voltages are key characteristics of the Classic PROFET™ 24V. All kinds of loads (inductive, capacitive, and resistive) from 0,3A to 25A nom. load current can be switched. Various packages (DSO 8, DSO14, DSO20, SOT223) incl. power packages (D2PAK, DPAK) are available.
The Classic PROFETTM 24V high side switches are well suited for all kind of CAV applications (body, transmission, powertrain, chassis and more) in harsh environment and industrial applications (Robotics, powers supply, power distribution, switch boards and more).
- Overload protection (current limitation)
- Short circuit protection
- Thermal shutdown
- Under voltage log-off and auto restart (high current devices > 10A)
- Reverse battery protection (high current devices > 10 A)
- Loss of ground/battery protection
- ESD protection
- Open load detection at OFF state (status feedback on diagnostic output pin)
- Load current measurement (current sense) for BTS40k2-1ENC and high current devices (> 10A)
- Short circuit to battery and ground
- Over temperature feedback
The Classic PROFET™ 24 V devices offers - in addition to above feature set - unique application dedicated functions, such as:
- Extended operating voltage up to 60V
- 24V load dump (58V/400ms) resistant devices available
- 2 unique devices with switching frequency up to 100kHz
- Benchmark in energy robustness and clamping voltage
- Products with lower current limitation available
- One 8 channel devices available (BTS4880R)
- Power packages available (DPAK, D2PAK)
Infineon Developer Community is available 24x7 for you to connect and network with engineers across the globe. Get help from Infineon support engineers, and expert members to solve your design challenges anytime, from anywhere, in any topic, and in your preferred language.
The Classic PROFET™ 24V devices offer an RdsON range from 5 – 1000 mΩ. The smart 24V high side switches are very reliable products (proven technology, more than 15 years in the market). State-of-the-art protection features and diagnostic function, specific characteristics and packages enables them to address all kind of present 24V applications.
Classic PROFET™ 24V switches are designed to be used for 24 V Automotive / CAV and industrial applications. All kind of loads (valves, pumps, solenoids, injectors, motors, heating, sensors, bulbs …) up to 25A nominal load current can be switched.
As user of Classic PROFET™24V devices, you will get in favor of the following benefits:
- Over current and over temperature protection enables robust and reliable system design
- Inductive loads outside of BCM (e.g. solenoids) addressable: Products with > 500mJ energy capability available (external freewheeling diode can be saved)
- Established power packages with high current capability and excellent thermal performance
- Products with extended operating voltage range: ATV 24V (=CAV) and industrial applications addressable
- 24V load dump protection granted for various products
- Fast switching up to 100kHz (integrated bootstrap diode) possible with 2 products
- Advanced control of connected loads with current sense diagnostic (high current switches)
- Protection function granted even for small loads: Products available with overcurrent threshold < 1A
- Efficiency increase: Steeply switching slew rate reduces power losses and saves energy
- Cost savings: High ohmic products available (no overhead need to be paid for small loads)
- Cost savings: 4 channel devices and one 8 channel device (attractive price/ channel relation)
- Cost savings: Small packages available (DSO8 = PCN space saving)