Smart analog high-side MOSFET gate driver for 12 V/ 24 V automotive applications
The EiceDRIVER™ APD 2ED2410-EM is a smart high-side N-channel MOSFET gate driver with two outputs controlled via logic pins designed for the new upcoming automotive power distribution architectures for 12 and 24 V board nets.
The integrated boost converter allows external MOSFETs to stay continuously on and operational also at cold cranking conditions down to 3 V. Due to the efficiency of the boost converter the supply current in idle and normal mode is in the range of µA, which is beneficial if loads need to be supplied during the vehicle is parked (key off mode). Thanks to the enhanced turn-on and turn-off ability of the driver, the number of MOSFETs could be easily scaled up to manage large currents in the order of several hundred amps, while ensuring fast switch on and off within µs.
The 2ED2410-EM has three analog measurement interfaces and four integrated comparators for protection purposes, allowing flexible and versatile solutions for various E/E architecture requirements, for example: adjustable I-t wire protection, overcurrent protection, over/undervoltage protection and more.
Summary of Features
- Extended supply voltage range: 3 - 58 V
- Two high-side gate driver outputs with 3 Ω pull-down and 50 Ω for pull-up for fast switch off/on
- Two bidirectional high-side analog current sense interfaces with externally adjustable gain
- Channel control and diagnostic via pins
- Analog interface for external temperature measurement
- Gate undervoltage lock-out (UVLO)
- AEC-Q100 qualification
- Supports back-to-back MOSFET topologies (common drain or common source)
- Low operating current in idle mode < 50 µA. Idle mode with 15 mA load current by-pass to supply ECUs during parking
- Adjustable overcurrent/short-circuit protection
- Versatile comparator to implement:
- Adjustable I-t wire protection
- Adjustable over/undervoltage protection
- Adjustable overtemperature protection
- PRO-SIL™ ISO 26262-ready for supporting the integrator in evaluation of hardware element acc. to ISO 26262
- Fail operational power supply targeting high current applications
- Connection/isolation switch between power supplies (e.g. for hybrid and electric vehicles)
- Developed to support dependable power supply and distribution
- 24 V Battery Protection Switch
- Power Distribution Box
- DC/DC Output Protection Switch
Access to ISO 26262-ready documentation:
- Please register for myinfineon.com with your company e-mail address
- Please get in touch with your respective Distribution or Sales contact to request the elevation of your myInfineon account to partner status; this is required for access to our MyICP portal.