Please choose a subcategoryCollapse all subcategories Expand all subcategories
Semiconductors for energy-efficient and smart lighting applications
When sensors, networks, and software are connected or added to LED infrastructures, the resulting system enables services and benefits that exceed the value of lighting alone. The developments in the LED lighting industry affect efficiency, cost, demand, competition, and production. And smart lighting solutions allow for more control of lighting, resulting in more consumer options and higher-quality lighting designs. We are addressing applications in the commercial lighting, residential indoor and outdoor lighting and in the various automotive lighting applications.
Our range of products & solutions stretches from:
- LED driver ICs that support a platform approach for LED drivers in commercial indoor & outdoor lighting
- Comprehensive portfolio of high-voltage MOSFETs & low-voltage MOSFETs
- Benchmark for linear- & switch-mode LED driver ICs for multi-string LED applications
- Microcontrollers with dedicated peripherals for smart lighting system solutions, with high-efficiency power conversion, communication, and dimming technologies as well as easy-to-use, fully flexible color mixing functionality and wireless control
- Sensor solutions for presence detection to generate additional energy savings
Smart lighing control
The growing demand for less energy consumption and more connectivity is shaping the field of lighting control. As a result, today’s indoor and outdoor lighting control systems for commercial applications must be equally energy efficient and intelligent. By enabling enhanced lighting control capabilities it’s possible to save manpower and prime the systems for the future of smart workplaces and smart cities.
Now that the members of MD SIG, the global lighting-industry consortium, have successfully standardized a digital, wireless programming approach using near-field communication (NFC). The NFC system uses a programming device, commonly known as an NFC reader, which wirelessly transfers the programming data to an NFC tag inside the LED driver.
Get to know the available boards, product suggestions drive your development to a smart solution. Learn more about Infineon‘s ICs for efficient LED wireless control designs.
LED power supply— the right products for your LED driver topology
LED drivers are used to provide a constant current to LED light engines for several applications, such as commercial indoor lighting, street lighting and high bay lighting. For the power conversion in LED drivers, numerous topologies are deployed by different companies. For power ratings below 50 W, single-stage flyback topology including power factor correction is quite common. As the power rating increases, LED drivers with a dedicated stage for power factor correction and a dedicated stage for flyback or LLC become more common. Other common topologies include a single-stage flyback with a primary constant voltage and secondary buck with constant current output. Depending on the end applications, dual-stage non-isolated topologies, such as PFC and buck, are also used.
Our products for LED drivers range from analog LED driver ICs that are tailored for specific applications, to configurable digital ICs that can accelerate the time to market, and last but not least, to microcontrollers that offer the highest degree of flexibility. Learn more about LED drivers
LED strips and signage with increased efficiency and reduces thermal overload on the LED board
To design the best possible LED strip, Infineon offers LED driver ICs in two main product families: BCR and ILD.
The BCR series contain the smallest and most affordable products for linear LED driver ICs. The ILD series features DC-DC LED driver ICs that provide high efficiency as well as other interesting features, such as thermal protection. Both families come with a line-up of regulators with an integrated power stage and a line-up of controllers that allow the utmost scalability via flexible dimensioning of the output stage. Learn more about our ICs for efficient LED strip designs, and get to know the design resources you need to speed up time to market for your solution.
Discover smart lighting design resources and suggested products
- Simulate ONLINE - 100W 400V PFC Converter based on DCM Fluorescent Ballast Controller ICB1FL02G
- Simulate ONLINE - 100W 400V PFC Converter based on Fluorescent Ballast Controller ICB1FL02G
- Simulate ONLINE - 130W 24V LLC based LED driver design using PWM-PFC Controller ICL5102
- Simulate ONLINE - 130W 400V Boost Power Factor Correction (PFC) LED driver design based on PWM-PFC Controller ICL5102
- Simulate ONLINE - Controlling RGB LED Color with BCCU
- Simulate ONLINE - 5V Linear RGB LED Driver with BCR421U (Dimmed)
- Simulate ONLINE - 25W 12V LLC Half-Bridge Converter based on LED Driver Controller ICL5102 and Switch IPP60R950C6
- Simulate ONLINE - 12V Automotive LED Boost to GND topology with LITIX™ controller TLD5095EL
- Simulate ONLINE - 12V Automotive LED Driver IC TLD2132-1EP LITIX™ Basic+ Single LED Short-circuit Fault Management
- Simulate ONLINE - 12V Automotive LED synchronous H-Bridge topology with LITIX™ controller TLD5190QU (Soft Start)
- Simulate ONLINE - Automotive LED Driver IC LITIX™ Power Flex TLD5541-1QV - testbench Multi-Float-Switch short 4 of 8 LEDs