OPTIGA™ Authenticate S
Enhanced device authentication to protect against counterfeits
Consumer devices, home appliances and industrial machines are constantly exposed to the risk of counterfeit spares and accessories. Fakes can compromise functionality, user safety and – as a result – brand value. OPTIGA™ Authenticate S can solve this issue. It is a fully fledged, turnkey hardware-based security solution for any device authentication challenge. This anti-counterfeit solution offers unprecedented levels of configuration flexibility and a range of hardened security features.
Designers can select from four different authentication modes, three temperature ranges, two communication profiles and three sets of memory to support even the most complex authentication requirements – all on a single, tiny footprint.
OPTIGA™ Authenticate S is suited to an ever-expanding range of applications including single-use disposables such as HVAC and water filters and purifiers, cartridges, rechargeable batteries for smartphones, portable devices, e-scooters, e-motorbikes, LEVs and other mobility solutions, as well as computing and robotic systems in highly complex IoT environments.
The turnkey solution comes with full system integration support including embedded software, host software and advanced ecosystem support tools based on the latest PSoC™ 6 MCUs.
A Non-Disclosure Agreement needs to be signed in order to access this product and supporting materials such as the full Data Book, Evaluation Kit, Development Kit or Application Notes. Please contact CSSCustomerService@infineon.com
Summary of Features
- 4 authentication modes (one-way, mutual, host binding and host support)
- 4 lifecycle counters with independent kill structures
- 3 types of lockable NVM sizes (1 K, 2 K, 5 Kbit)
- 3 temperature options (standard -40 to 85°C/ extended -40 to 105°C/ special -40 to 120°C)
- 2 ECC 163-bit key pairs and 193-bit ODC
- 2 serial communication options (on-chip SWI&I2 C + GPO)
- Host code software – with new OS library
- 1.5 x 1.5 x 0.38 mm PG-TSNP-6-12 package
- Asymmetric cryptography with secured unique identity for each chip
- Infineon proprietary protection against reverse engineering (PRE)
- High-end security controller certified to Common Criteria EAL6+ (high)
- Message authentication code providing mutual authentication
- Capless Low dropout (LDO) regulator
- Protection of OEMs and consumers against counterfeited devices
- Additional customer services, such as alerts when spare parts need replacing
- No need to invest in security know-how
- Effortless implementation with full system integration support including embedded software, host software, full reference board based on PSoC™ 6 and with demo software and full documentation
- Tiny and robust TSNP SMD package optimized for small devices gives freedom to design even very small products