Interface device for controlling Infineon boards/kits during run time through PC
- The uIO Stick:
- Enables the connection between the evaluation board and USB for SPI programming and monitoring by using the ConfigWizard software which can be downloaded via the Infineon Toolbox.
- Plugs into the evaluation board via a standard 16-pin connector and allows easy interface to the microcontroller via USB for SPI, CAN, LIN communication etc.
The uIO-Stick provides two exclusive functions:
Infineon Embedded Power BSL Support:
The Infineon Embedded Power devices provide a built-in boot strap loader (BSL), for programming the embedded power devices over the built-in LIN transceiver or UART. The uIO-Stick acts as an interface between the embedded power device and a PC. It handles the BSL protocols as well as the physical layers. A PC application provides access to all BSL functions of the ePower device.
- Embedded Power
Run-Time Control - Programming and monitoring:
The uIO-Stick connects the Evaluation Board with the computer. Via the ConfigWizard software – a powerful and intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) – the user gets a customized programming, monitoring and evaluation support for various Infineon Automotive Products.
- Communication with the connected device via LIN, SPI and UART
- Four GPIOs
- PWM signal generation up to 20 kHz
- Measurement of analog voltages up to 20V
- Read and keep functionality to detect reset of the connected device
- USB HID device, so no additional driver installation required
- uIO Stick can power a target device
- Connected device can also be powered by external power supply for higher current
- 3 on-board status LEDs
- Additional BSL Updater GUI for BSL communication with ePower devices
Welcome to our new training series “Automotive Motor Control - Understandable”. This series is aimed at all those who have something to do with electric motors and motor control in Automotive or want to get a first overview. The topics covered within the training have furthermore been tailored to auxiliary units such as pumps and fans.