Lite SBC Family
Infineon’s Lite System Basis Chips combine power supply, CAN FD and a charge pump in one device
Infineon’s Lite System Basis Chip (SBC) family offers high integration and high performance with optimized system cost for various automotive applications. The Lite SBCs family offers two variants: Lite LDO SBC with a low-dropout voltage regulator of 150mA and the Lite DCDC SBC with a DCDC buck converter up to 500mA. Both variants are available as 5V or 3.3V output voltage option for microcontrollers, network transceivers, sensors and other peripherals’ power supply.
They feature an auxiliary 5V integrated low-drop voltage regulator with up to 100mA. The communication interface incorporates one CAN transceiver with Flexible Data-Rate performance up to 5Mbit/s according to ISO 11898-2:2016 (including Partial Networking option). The devices include diagnostic and supervision features, supporting ECU functional safety concepts like under-voltage monitoring, window watchdog with reset, fail-safe operating mode and fail-safe outputs.
The entire Lite SBC family is hardware compatible, and is also software compatible with the Mid-Range+, DCDC and Multi-CAN Power SBC families (TLE926x & TLE927x). All Infineon SBCs are qualified according to AEC-Q100 and are designed to withstand the severe conditions of automotive applications.
Our highly integrated System-on-Chip solutions have various substantial benefits through advanced diagnosis features and minimized number of components.
Space saving: 80% PCB space saving enabled by a leaded TSDSO package with 8.65mm x 6mm footprint
Energy saving: Offers intelligent power saving modes including stop and sleep mode, and the lowest quiescent current
High system reliability: Extensive diagnostics and protections (e.g. fail-safe output, watchdog, fail-safe operating mode) are embedded within the System-on-Chip
Reduced cost: Minimum number of external components reduce BOM cost, part placing and development, purchasing, handling and PCB sizing
Multiple and flexible designs: Platform approach reduces development efforts, increase time to market and reduce design costs
The entire Lite SBC family is pin-to-pin hardware compatible. A platform approach allows faster time-to-market and flexible adaption to the application requirements. It is also software compatible with the Mid-Range+, DC-DC and Multi-CAN Power+ SBC families (TLE926x & TLE927x).
LDO Variant (TLE9461): 5V/3.3V Linear Voltage Regulator up to 150mA
DCDC Variant (TLE9471): 5V/3.3V Buck converter up to 500mA
- CAN FD up to 5Mbps (acc. to ISO 11898-2:2016), CAN PN and FD Tolerant (“-3” variants)
- Charge Pump Output for Load Switch / Reverse Current Protection
- 1x HV Wake input, Watchdog, Reset and Interrupt
- 1x GPIO (Fail Output, Wake, Low-Side or High-Side Switch up to 45mA)
- Low-Power Modes with full wake capability
- Reduced system cost through low component count and small PCB footprint
- Effective external load switch control through its integrated charge pump that can drive an external N-FET
- Extends battery life with very low quiescent current modes
- Enables design flexibility and reduces software design effort by shared state machine and SPI access within the entire Lite SBC family
- Meets major car OEM requirements with excellent EMC and ESD performance
- Safely supply off-board loads (e.g., sensors) with short circuit protected low-drop voltage regulators
- In-Cabin Wireless Charger
- Auto Transmission
- Transfer Case
- Exhaust module and NOx sensor
- Steering column and steering lock
- Seat control module
- Seat belt pretension
- Closure (power lift gate, sliding door, etc.)
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Gear shifter and selectors
- Light Control Unit (LCU) for front, and rear
Smart Power Distribution modules
- Fuel and water pump
||Config Wizard for SBC allows easy configuration of Automotive SBC products.|
The Microcontroller Library is a plugin inside the “Config Wizard for SBC”. It generates and provides a custom “C” code based on the user’s configuration. The library can be integrated easily inside a microcontroller software project in order to configure, startup and handle all functionalities of the SBC.
The user’s guide for this additional software can be found here.
Bode Plot Tool can be used to calculate and draw a Bode Plot for SBC products.
This tool allows the user to calculate the power dissipation of a selected device and if applicable then of external power devices.
CAN PN Wizard
The CAN PN software is a design-in tool for Infineon SBC users. Based on generic input data, it creates a sample code that can be used from users as a starting point for their application specific software development. It shows, how the SBC must be configured to enable a specific functionality CAN Partial Networking.