Highest density end-to-end power management solutions including integrated power stages, multi-phase digital controllers and integrated POL converters
We as an innovation leader for power semiconductor and energy efficiency technologies are continually developing and working on the best solutions for your applications.
DC-DC converters enable many of the devices and machines we use today. Found in technologies across a broad range of sectors, they are in high demand in fast developing industries such as automotive, consumer electronics, and industrial machinery and vehicles. DC-DC converters must meet extremely high standards of durability, scalability, and efficiency. With the increasing challenges for server and network applications, efficient, and reliable DC-DC voltage regulators is an increasingly important issue with each new generation of microprocessor.
The Infineon portfolio is comprehensive and ready to meet the demands of today’s electronic devices, providing both linear and switching DC-DC converter modules for a huge range of systems. Functions such as monitoring, sequencing, and safety support are smoothly integrated to make Infineon DC-DC converters as compact and user-friendly as possible. Our DC-DC converters are designed for applications including server, storage, routers and switches, telecom base stations, digital home media, mobile computing, and embedded data processing. They are also suitable for a range of other applications, including DC-DC converters for the automotive industry.
The Infineon DC-DC converters portfolio includes a broad range of high-quality modules covering switching regulators, integrated POL voltage regulators, digital multiphase controllers, integrated power stages, low voltage gate drivers, and digital power controllers.
As a leader in power semiconductor and energy efficiency technologies, we are continually developing our DC-DC converter modules to meet the demands of the 21st century with the LITIX™ power family, LITIX™ power flex Family, OptiMOS™ point of load regulators, XDP™ hyper transient phase multiphase controllers and OptiMOS™ smart power stages providing innovative and reliable DC to DC power converters for 21st-century applications in the consumer, computing, communications, and industrial sectors.
Our products include the following types of DC-DC converters:
- Linear DC-DC converters — using resistive voltage drop to regulate given output voltages, linear DC-DC converter circuits offer low quiescent current, wide input voltage, low noise, and small packages
- Switching DC-DC converters — offering higher power efficiency, easier thermal management, and transformed output voltages, switching DC-DC converter circuits include buck, boost, and buck boost DC-DC converters
- Isolated DC-DC converters – by separating the input from the output electrically and physically, isolated DC-DC converter circuits are often used to break ground loops
- Non-Isolated DC-DC converters — using the transformer to eliminate the DC path between input and output, non-isolated DC-DC converter circuits include step-up and step-down DC-DC converter ICs. Additionally, advantages of non-isolated DC-DC converters include a smaller design footprint and lower costs
- Step-up (boost) DC-DC converters — boost converter ICs are used to boost the voltage output to greater than the input while stepping down the current. Step-up DC-DC converter circuits are often used in battery power systems and photovoltaic cells
- Step-down (buck) DC-DC converters - used to reduce voltage while drawing less current from input to output, step-down DC-DC converter circuits are widely used in lower power consumption electronic devices
- High-power/high-voltage DC-DC converters – high voltage boost converter ICs feature voltages of > approx. 100 V, high power DC-DC converters deliver uncompromising performance in energy management applications
- High-power/low-voltage DC-DC converters – featuring input voltages of < approx. 30 V and output currents 40 A-1000 A, high-power-low-voltage DC-DC converter ICs deliver uncompromising performance in digital connectivity
- Low-power/low-voltage DC-DC converters – featuring voltages of < approx. 30 V and output currents < 40 A, low-power/low-voltage DC-DC converter ICs deliver uncompromising performance in digital connectivity
DC-DC power converters are electronic circuits used in a broad range of electronic devices and components, often where power is supplied primarily from batteries. This means they are found both in small devices such as smartphones and laptops, as well as part of larger systems in vehicles and industrial machinery.
Today, DC-DC converter applications including renewable energy management, automotive power selection, industrial safety mechanisms, are in high demand and Infineon Technologies is at the vanguard of innovative and efficient DC-DC converter suppliers—ready to drive the latest electronic devices in any sector.
The rise of Industry 4.0 and the demand for enhanced power quality and higher system efficiency underpins our industrial DC-DC converter range. Featuring a variety of input/output combinations, enhanced shock and protection, wide operational temperature range, and a comprehensive range of input voltages, Infineon’s DC-DC converter catalogue is made to help you increase efficiency and safety in industrial systems.
Ideal for use in HVAC systems, propulsion systems, and auxiliary and emergency systems among many others, industrial DC-DC converters can be integrated in any system that needs to address power fluctuations, regulate power, or compensate for voltage drops.
DC-DC Converters offer several switch-mode power supplies (SMPS) for ECUs in automotive applications like body, safety, Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) and powertrain. In particular, with the rise of e-mobility and the increased computerization of vehicles, automotive DC-DC converter ICs are in high demand, and the Infineon portfolio of dc-dc converters is ready to meet the requirements of automotive suppliers most advanced applications.
Often found in regenerative braking systems as well as front-light LEDs, automotive grade DC-DC converters for electric vehicles offer high durability, shock protection, and environmental shielding for the most demanding conditions. With seamless buck-boost regulation and fast dynamic load jump behavior, our synchronous DC-DC controllers offer additional flexibilities for high power applications.
The next generation of computing, including Enterprise class servers, Datacenters, Artificial Intelligence, 5G communication require best in class power efficiencies and power densities to meet the growing proliferation of data generation, processing and transmission. Infineon’s Enterprise class DC-DC converters are specifically designed to power leading edge CPUs, GPUs, ASICs and FPGAs.