Motor control and drives
Please choose a subcategory
The number of electrical motors is growing steadily. The application and environmental requirements have to be fulfilled with the available components and resources of the component supplier and the supporting ecosystem.
As a system supplier we:
- Focus our development activities around cost-efficient and energy-efficiency motor control solutions while addressing the highest safety standards
- Support a full ecosystem from online simulations, reference designs to evaluation boards, Arduino kit and of course also embedded software development with the reuse of software on different parts
- Addressing your design requirements —from discrete to fully integrated solutions being transparent on the benefit of each version
Since CO2 reduction has become a very high priority in the industrial, consumer and automotive fields mechanical motor drives are gradually replaced by smart, electrically controlled motors. Electric motors can be switched and speed-controlled on demand. Infineon provides such semiconductor solutions and steadily extends the portfolio of semiconductors needed for smart and modern Motor Control, such as MOSFETs, Bridge Drivers, Integrated Bridges.
Electric motors can be switched and speed-controlled on demand. Infineon provides such semiconductor solutions and steadily extends the portfolio of semiconductors needed for smart and modern Motor Control (BDC, BLDC, induction, PMSM, servo, stepper, switch reluctance), such as MOSFETs, Bridge Drivers, Integrated Bridges.
Whitepaper: the changing face of industrial drives – Infineon’s expertise for your optimal drive systems
The days of overrating a motor for an industrial application and absorbing the increased energy costs, simply to fulfill the desired application lifetime, are over. This whitepaper reviews some of the technologies now available that can bring higher efficiency to low-voltage and robotics.
Application presentation: we drive efficiency in drives - our expertise for your optimal drive systems
This detailed presentation will give an overview of the extensive product portfolio for industrial drive applications. The advantages of IGBT 7 technology, as well as Silicon Carbide solutions, are also presented. Everything in one document, including further links.
Webinar: CoolSiC™ - the perfect solution for servo drives
Silicon Carbide MOSFETs are a perfect match for servo drives? That’s right! This special #webinar reveals why compares performance levels of IGBTs versus SiC MOSFETs and explains the benefits of using Infineon’s.XT interconnection technology.
By taking this course you will learn about…
- the motor control and drive functional blocks
- Infineon offerings for these blocks
- the benefits of choosing Infineon solutions
Infineon as your one-stop shop for motor control and drives