Electric power steering (EPS)
Electric power steering (EPS) offers a host of advantages to automobiles and drivers. From up to 3% less fuel consumption and noticeable space savings to easier integration and software for an enhanced driving experience. What’s needed to achieve this? A reliable, high-performance EPS is made possible by aligned solutions featuring sensors and low-loss MOSFETs.
Look to Infineon for your EPS application. As a one-stop-shop, we can deliver every component, every time. In fact, we’re the only player that offers you a full EPS chipset. And you’ll get system and product know-how that’s second to none. Need a quick fix? Use our system development platform to accelerate your time to market.
Electric power steering (EPS) system diagram
- Electric Power Steering (EPS) improves fuel efficiency by approximately 3 percent, while also having a positive impact on car handling, the overall driving experience and comfort
- It combines a compact design with reduced mounting costs
- EPS can be adapted via software to suit diverse car models as well as dedicated driving modes
- EPS is the steering technology needed to enable advanced driver assistance systems such as side-wind compensation, lane assist/keeping and parking assistance systems
- Infineon has over ten years of experience in this exciting application and provides the full range of ICs, from sensors to microcontrollers, and from bridge drivers to world-class MOSFETs