Electric power steering (EPS)
Powering designs with greater safety and efficiency
Electric power steering (EPS) offers a host of advantages to both cars and drivers. These range from up to 3% less fuel consumption and noticeable space savings to easier integration and software that enhances the driving experience. The foundation of any reliable and efficient EPS is a combination of optimized and powerful microcontrollers and power semiconductors. Together they enable your designs to achieve a new level of fuel savings and lower CO2 emissions. What is more, as a safety critical application, an EPS design must be engineered with components that reliably work together.
System diagram: electric power steering (EPS)
With a proven track record and years of experience in the automotive sector, Infineon is the right partner for any electric power steering projects. Our components have been tested to ensure they work seamlessly and fulfill the highest-possible safety standards. Because our chipset is aligned in-house, you can count on it to deliver on safety while also reducing your development effort. Thanks to a small footprint, it also contributes to a lower BOM. Furthermore, our chipset accommodates OEMs looking to scale solutions between models, for greater cost efficiency. Last but not least, there’s the peace of mind you gain knowing all components are manufactured according to Infineon’s high automotive quality standards known as zero defect.
- Powerful and scalable chipset featuring a small footprint
- Field-proven interoperability
- Support of fail safe and fail operational EPS systems
- Aligned safety concept that focuses on the power supply and microcontroller
- Adaptable via software: suit a range of driving modes and car models
- For advanced driver assistance systems
For all your development needs, Infineon provides the full range of ICs, from safety microcontrollers to power supplies to bridge drivers to world-class MOSFETs to sensors. Find out what is possible with our components and your EPS project.
Car Security - Communication in the car
Automotive Dependability Functional safety
Car Security - Why is Infineon the perfect partner?
In this training you will:
- Know more about Infineon’s wide MOSFET selection for 48 V mild-hybrid electric vehicle, or MHEV, applications
- Understand why and how Infineon is strengthening its position in the 40 V MOSFET market, and be familiar with Infineon’s newest 60 V MOSFETs
In this training you will:
- Get to know why systems require frequent updates, how this is done and how automotive systems try to ensure their security when they are updated
- Learn how AURIX™ families of microcontrollers support over-the-air software updates