Automotive LED front lighting system
Please choose a subcategoryCollapse all subcategories Expand all subcategories
Key differentiating factor for car-makers - safety, reliability, energy efficiency and emotional identification
LED Front Lighting is a key differentiating factor for car-makers and an important part of safety, reliability, energy efficiency, and user experience for emotional identification. Infineon offers dedicated solutions for LED control, supply, and communication:
- LED Drivers ICs:
LITIX™ Power / Power Flex - Our boost and buck-boost control ICs are proven and robust solutions for many years for compact and efficient DC-DC converters. Our synchronous buck and buck-boost controllers enable high-performance converters for high LED currents.
OptiMOS™ 5 offers a full-blown portfolio of 60V, 80V, and 100V MOSFETs for wide RDSonranges in leadless 3x3 S3O8, 5x6 SSO8 packages. The combination with the OptiMOS™ T2 5x6 DualSSO8 portfolio enables to find the right fit device.
The Traveo™-II Body and Cluster as well as the AURIX™ families offer modular, flexible solutions with respect to performance, package, memory, peripherals, security & safety implementations. They come with advanced functional safety concepts and on-chip security compliance up to EVITA FULL standard.
- Supply ICs:
Our OPTIREG™ system basis chips (SBC) offer high integration and high performance with optimized system cost and space by gathering system supply and communication interface in one product.
See our reference design LEDFRONTHBLB_REF. The design guide describes the implementation of an automotive front light high beam/low beam combination in detail. It uses the flexible multi-topology DC-DC controller TLD5099EP of the LITIX™ Power family in the current-controlled buck-boost SEPIC configuration.
If your BOM cost is too high and you aim to become cheaper, or you have space constraints or you are limited on your PCB and aim to reduce the number of components - see our LITIX™ Power LED drivers like the TLD5099EP with integrated PWM engine and spread spectrum feature and our OPTIREG™ system basis chips combining power supply, CAN FD & LIN, diagnosis and supporting features.
The Traveo™-II Cluster family offers safety features and a graphic engine to achieve a minimal memory footprint for the graphics processing unit. It contains all necessary interfaces to control all front light parts (Base LEDs, Matrix LED, and others). The scalability of the Traveo™-II Body high-end as well as of Aurix™ family ensures to find the controller for the pattern generation depending on interfaces and light sources. Read more on our page on pixel lighting.
This Infineon reference design guide describes a detailed implementation of an automotive front light high beam/low beam combination using the flexible multi-topology DC-DC controller TLD5099EP of the LITIX™ Power family in current-controlled buck-boost SEPIC configuration.
Find the full documentation in our reference design guide, check the interactive graphic, and discover more insights into the recommended products and design files on the board page.
By the end of this training you will:
- Know the principle algorithm for HD lighting and commonly used architectures;
- Be familiar with Infineon’s MCU families that can be used for lighting, namely AURIX™ TC3xx and TRAVEO™ T2G
In this training you will:
- Know more about Infineon’s wide MOSFET selection for 48 V mild-hybrid electric vehicle, or MHEV, applications
- Understand why and how Infineon is strengthening its position in the 40 V MOSFET market, and be familiar with Infineon’s newest 60 V MOSFETs
- Do you know Infineon’s OPTIREG™ power supply solutions?
- Do you know why OPTIREG™ products stand out from other solutions in the market?
In this training:
- You will understand the advantages of LED and differentiate the characteristics and requirements of front lights. You will check our LITIX™ Power and Power Flex portfolio.
- You will know all about our support material, which includes all sorts software, documentation and evaluation boards, to help you in your designs.