Powertrain inverter for commercial, construction and agricultural vehicles
The combination of rising emissions and the urgent need for action on climate protection are the main reasons why the electrification of commercial, construction, and agricultural vehicles (CAV) has become a pressing issue for manufacturers in recent years.
In addition to compactness, reliability, efficiency, safety and robustness are the defining design factors that set successful powertrain inverters for CAVs apart. Scalable system solutions that enable reduced time-to-market and total cost-of-ownership also play a key role.
With its portfolio of power electronics, drivers, and controllers, Infineon offers all components for electric powertrain from a single source. Benefit from our engineers’ extensive application know-how as they support you in offering reliable and cost-effective solutions to the market.
System diagram: Powertrain inverter for commercial, construction and agricultural vehicles
Advanced solutions for functional safety, reliability, and fail-safe operations in CAV systems
IGBT modules such as the EconoDUAL™ 3 and PrimePACK™ are critical building blocks in CAV systems. They enable the development of inverters that are high-performing, efficient, and provide safe traction for heavy-duty vehicles. Infineon’s automotive modules, such as the HybridPACK™ family complete the portfolio across the entire power spectrum for reliable inverter operation in harsh environments.
- Product portfolio supporting varied motor types and a wide range of power classes
- Highly efficient 3-phase driver thanks to very low conducting losses, even at high switching frequencies
- Isolation-integrated in gate driver
- Wide range of 32-bit microcontroller solutions dedicated to (H)EV applications with an extremely cost-effective resolver interface
Parametric Product Finders
Webinar: Power Semiconductor Solutions for Propulsion and Auxiliaries in Trucks, Delivery Vehicles and Buses
With proven expertise and a comprehensive portfolio of robust, high-quality control and power semiconductor solutions, Infineon helps you engineer successful and reliable designs for commercial, construction and agricultural vehicles.
New white paper about electrified heavy-duty vehicles
Electrification as a key to reducing emissions and improvements in energy storage technology and developments in supplemental infrastructure enables the fully autonomous long-haul operation. Standardization for autonomous trucks, busses, and in-city delivery vehicles needs to improve to support cross-border or even cross-continental interoperability.
This whitepaper covers the electrification of heavy-duty vehicles focusing on battery, charging, drive train, and power semiconductor aspects. Learn more about the technical bits and pieces to solve this global puzzle in this white paper.
Podcast4Engineers: Electric commercial, construction and agricultural vehicles (eCAV)
E-mobility is not only a hot topic but also a broad one. Our experts paint the picture of electromobility in our podcast series, ranging from toy-sized hoverboards to oversized mining trucks and many vehicle applications in between. Learn how Infineon is helping to make the world of transportation easier, safer and greener.
In this training, you will:
- to know about the market trend “Electrification” in commercial, construction, and agricultural vehicles (CAV)
- Understand the importance of customer enablement and how Infineon serves eCAV
- Get to know Infineon solutions for low-side power switch ICs and identify which solutions meet specific automotive and industrial application requirements
- Become aware of the support material that Infineon provides for its low-side power switch portfolio