32-bit TriCore™ AURIX™– TC4x
The AURIX™ TC4x family - real-time safety and security performance leader is coming!
Major disrupters have emerged in the automotive market.
- Innovation in E/E architecture in the areas of domain & zone control
- Accelerated shift from conventional powertrain to xEV
- Increased safety and automated driving
AURIX™ TC4x family addresses these challenges pushing the boundaries in automotive MCU usage for safe and secure processing
The first samples of the new AURIX™ TC4x family of microcontrollers (MCUs) for next-generation eMobility, ADAS, automotive E/E architectures and affordable artificial intelligence (AI) applications are now at lead customers.
The new scalable family provides an upward migration path from Infineon’s leading AURIX™ TC3x family of MCUs. Performance is boosted by the next-generation TriCore™ 1.8 and the scalable AURIX™ accelerator suite, including the new PPU (Parallel Processing Unit) and multiple smart accelerators.
Support for high-speed communication interfaces like 5 Gbit Ethernet and PCIe along with new interfaces such as CAN-XL and 10BASE T1S Ethernet gives customers the performance, throughput and flexibility needed to implement new E/E architectures.
The scalable family concept enables a common software architecture enabling significant platform software savings and the feature-rich concept gives plenty of headroom to grow for both Tier 1’s and OEMs
- Up to 6 TriCore™ v1.8 in lockstep running up to 500 MHz
- AURIX™ Accelerator Suite:
- Parallel Processing Unit (PPU) – enabling AI up to ASIL-D
- Data Routing Engine (DRE) – for efficient communication and data handling
- cDSP - Programmable digital signal processing for the ADC signals
- Single Processing (SPU) - Radar accelerator
- Security Accelerators (CSRM/CSS) - Hardware Crypto Acceleration
- Up to 25 MB on-chip Flash
- Zero downtime SOTA support with optimized A/B swap partitioning and external memory interfaces.
- New eGTM timers and High-Resolution PWM with low latency interconnect (LLI)
- Faster control loops for e-motors & power conversion
- GTM for compatibility with AURIX™ TC3xx
- ADC Converters TM/FC/DS/
- CDSP/DSEX accelerator
- Security cluster including CSRM and CSS offers enhanced security performance
- ISO 21434 compliant
- Safe DMA
- ASIL-D compliant
- Scalable high-speed communication interfaces:
- 5 Gbps Ethernet
- 10BASE T1S Ethernet
- Data Routing Engine (DRE) - Communication accelerator
- Infineon MCAL drivers
- Re-use of existing AURIX™ TC3xx algorithms & ecosystem possible
- Rapid prototyping support from Virtual Prototyping using Synopsys - Virtualizer Development Kit for AURIX™ TC4x
- Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Simplify PPU software development using the Synopsys - MetaWare Toolkit for AURIX which includes MATLAB and Simulink, DSP and math libraries, Neural Network Software Development Kit, and AUTOSAR Complex Device Driver