With their ability to save lives and reduce injuries, airbags have become a required safety feature in today’s automobiles. But despite their vitality, there’s enormous pressure to keep airbag costs as low as possible – without jeopardizing passenger safety. What you need concretely for airbag applications: scalable, flexible solutions and a system that meets ASIL D (ISO 26262) requirements.
Infineon offers you just that. We provide flexible solutions fit for both entry-level and high-end airbag systems all of which conform to the current ISO standards. Likewise, our extensive system expertise means you can turn to us for reliable answers to all airbag-related queries. And because Infineon delivers all components from one source, you can rest assured that your airbag applications will always work dependably.
System diagram for airbag system
- Airbag systems are standard in most cars and are mandatory equipment in many countries, saving thousands of lives
- Infineon’s broad product spectrum supports scalability and flexibility for building systems from 4 to over 20 firing loops
- Full range of airbag ASSPs ranging from pressure sensors for side crash detection to driver and transceiver ICs
- High-performance 32-bit AURIX™ MCU family with dedicated safety features enables the integration of multiple functions
- The parts are optimized in terms of both system interoperability and the best price-performance ratio
- These systems are mandatory in order to achieve the highest possible scores in the various “New Car Assessment Programs” (NCAP) throughout the world
Automotive application guide
16_12-1 | Dec 19, 2016 | PDF | 8.32 mb
Hybrid electric and electric cars
15_08-1 | Aug 19, 2015 | PDF | 5.23 mb
New TriCore™ Family Brochure 2017
01_00 | Mar 08, 2017 | PDF | 6.65 mb
Automotive power selection guide
16_11-1 | Dec 19, 2016 | PDF | 11.47 mb
Sensing the world - sensor solutions for automotive, industrial and consumer applications
16_05-1 | May 02, 2016 | PDF | 5.66 mb
Your path to robust and reliable in-vehicle networking, Infineon's automotive networking solutions
16_11-1 | Nov 11, 2016 | PDF | 8.27 mb
Make your application wireless-sub 1GHz RF solutions
14_11-2 | Nov 15, 2014 | PDF | 1.59 mb
Battery Management for Electric Verhicles
Solutions for Small Electric Vehicles
Powertrain System Part 1
Powertrain System Part 2
BLDC Motor Control
Brushed DC Motors
Stepper Motor Control
AC Induction Motors
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.