The ISOFACE™ ISO1H8xxG product family offer robust and intelligent galvanically isolated interfaces between the micro-controller or bus-ASIC and the power switches. Its 8-channel high-side switches can drive any kind of resistive, inductive or capacitive loads.
The maximum load current per channel is 1.2A. If two outputs are combined in parallel, even 2A loads can be switched. Inductive clamping diodes are already integrated. This permits direct switching of inductive loads without a need for additional clamping diodes to absorb the commutation power.
Diagnosis and Safety:
Each of the switch outputs is fully short-circuit protected and temperature monitored, yet another aspect underscoring the extreme ruggedness of the ISOFACE™ output switches. In cases of over-load and over-temperature a diagnostic feedback to the micro-controller or bus-ASIC is provided. In addition, to ensure proper switching of the MOSFET output stages, the supply voltage on the load-side (Vbb) is monitored. When a critical minimum level is being reached, the outputs are automatically switched off. To complete the safety-concept a Disable Pin allows to asynchronously turn-off all outputs. In their combination these features greatly improve system safety and provide strong support for the customer’s system maintenance.
The high level of functional integration of the ISOFACE™8-channel high-side switches substantially reduces the quantity of components required to attain a complete system solution. In consequence, the system stability and reliability are significantly improved and the required PCB area can drastically be reduced.
• Complete system integration (high-side switch, galvanic isolation and intelligent micro-controller or bus-ASIC interface)
• 8-channel high-side switch with up to 1.2 A load-current per channel
• Integrated galvanic isolation 500VAC (EN60664-1 and UL508 certified)
• 3.3V and 5V micro-controller interface
• Parallel or serial micro-controller interface
• Integrated short-circuit protection
• Diagnostic output for over-load and over-temperature
• Vbb monitoring
• Package: DSO 16 x 14 mm