Central body control module
Accommodating a growing number of functions on a shrinking central body control module (BCM), such as exterior and interior lighting, relay control and multiple comfort functions, requires precisely engineered products. Ones that support a high level of integration and are scalable and flexible to fulfill a broad spectrum of requirements.
With the most scalable portfolio of protected high side PROFET™ switches on the market, Infineon is your best choice. You can uniquely ensure the system’s reliability with our leading solution for short-circuit robustness. We offer a range of highly integrated products that combine various functions in one device. Such as multi-channel switches in the SPOC and SPIDER families, and System Basis Chips (SBC) for more functions in less space.
AURIX™ multicore even allows you to integrate two applications in one device: BCM and gateway. Benefits included enhanced communication with lower power consumption and a selection of top security features.
Central body control module system diagram
- Reduced board space due to integrated functionality
- Protected load control with sophisticated diagnostic features
- Supports the “Limp Home” functional safety concept
- High scalability and benchmark short-circuit robustness of power semiconductors (PROFET™)
- Supports a smooth transition to LEDs for interior and exterior lighting