Trusted Platform Module (TPM1.2 and TPM 2.0 PC)
TPM 1.2 and TPM 2.0 for Highest Level of Certified Platform Protection
Infineon offers hardware and software products for Trusted Computing in compliance with the specifications published by the Trusted Computing Group (TCG).
The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is a specific protected and encapsulated microcontroller security chip use to defend the internal data structures against real intelligent attacks.
The nature of this security chip ensures that the information like keys, password and digital certificates stored within is made more secure from external software attacks and physical theft. With the handful of keys it stores, all cryptographic functions are performed on the chip.
TPM is an implementation of Root-of-Trust which is integrated into the boot process to establish trust level and gather measurement about the running environment for trusted reporting. Hence, TPM is typically affixed to the motherboard of a computing system.
Security of the whole system is based on the protection and secrecy of the cryptographic system, especially against reading out or manipulation of the key material.
TPM provides the ability for a computing system to run applications more secured, allows secured remote access, performed electronic transactions and communication more safely.
Infineon is the industry proven security leader that has developed the only complete end-to-end TCG compliant security solution including all required hardware, software and security management capabilities solution.
Infineon is proud to be the first in the market who could offer a Common Criteria certified TPM 1.2.
Infineons Trusted Platform Module (TPM) SLB9635TT 1.2 is a fully standard compliant TPM which successfully passed the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) certification process. This process verifies the correct and secure implementation of the TCG standard specification based on the TCG Common Criteria protection profile.
The Common Criteria certificate is well received in high secure business areas like banks, governments, insurances and in the industries.
The corresponding software offered by Infineon is the TPM Professional Package 4.3 for Microsoft Windows. This software package exhibits a layered structure implementing the Trusted Software Stack (TSS) according to the TCG specifications.
TSS is a software specification that provides a standard Application Protocol Interface (API) for accessing the functions for TPM. In addition Infineon offers middleware and management interfaces.
There are several versions of our TPM available which refer to different versions of the TCG specification. For information of current TPM versions, please contact us or find this information in the MyInfineon portal .
- TCG 1.2/2.0 compliant trusted platform module (TPM)
- Microcontroller in 0.22/0.09 µm CMOS technology
- Compliant embedded software
- EEPROM for TCG firmware enhancements and for user data and keys
- Advanced Crypto Engine (ACE) with RSA support up to 2048 bit key length
- Hardware accelerator for SHA-1 and SHA-256 hash algorithm
- True Random Number Generator (TRNG)
- Tick counter with tamper detection
- Protection against Dictionary Attack
- Infineon’s TPM 1.2 is Common Criteria certified at Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 4 Moderate
- General Purpose Input/Output
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology Support
- AMD® Secure Virtual Machine Architecture Support
- Full personalization with Endorsement Key (EK) and EK certificate
- Power saving sleep mode
- 3.3 V power supply
- WHQL dual mode 1.1b + 1.2 TPM Windows Kernel Mode Driver
- Operating temperature range: -20°C to +80°C and -40°C to +85°C
- Low Pin Count (LPC) to allow easy system integration
- Operates from a single 33 MHz clock
- Support of power down signal to enter low-power standby mode
- Support of dynamic clock shutdown (CLKRUN)
- Small Low profile TSSOP-28 package
- Small Low profile VQFN-32 package
- Green package
- Over/Under voltage Detection
- Low frequency sensor
- High frequency filter
- Reset filter
- Memory Encryption/Decryption (MED)
- Additional Security Features
- Embedded secure operating system
- Embedded TCG application
- Reference implementation for PC-BIOS integration
- TPM Professional Package (supporting Windows® XP Home, Windows® XP Professional, Windows® XP Tablet, Windows® 2003/2008 Server, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, Windows® 8 )
- Linux support: device drivers in the standard kernel; software available here (e.g.):
- TSS software stack compliant to TCG specifications
- TPM Cryptographic Service provider (CSP)
- Infineon's desktop management software for policy enforcement and security feature management
Support of MS-CAPI AND PKCS #11 Applications
- Microsoft Outlook® and Outlook Express®
- Microsoft Office 2010, Office 2000, Office XP and Office 2003
- Microsoft Internet Explorer®
- Mozilla Firefox™
- Mozilla Thunderbird™
- Netscape Communicator®
- Microsoft Encrypted File System
- RSA Secure ID®
- Check Point™ SecuRemote/SecureClient
- Check Point™ VPN-1®/FireWall-1 NG®
- Entrust™ Desktop Manager Solutions
- Adobe™ Acrobat 6.0 Professional
- GemSafe for TPM / Smart Card
The Infineon TPM Professional Package offers a complete low-cost platform security solution from a single-source.