Automotive in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system
Enhance user experience, conform to the trend of domain controller and centralized system architecture
Please choose a subcategoryCollapse all subcategories Expand all subcategories
Instrument Cluster, Head Unit, and Cockpit Domain Controller are the central-control and user-interface systems that manage and deliver driving information and entertainment to the driver and passengers – all through audio and video interfaces, control elements such as touch screen displays, button panels, voice commands, and more. Telematics plays an important role in autonomous driving and service-over-air updates for vehicle safety and security.
Now and for the foreseeable future, in-car electronic performance is a major decision of driver when purchasing a new car. Vehicles have evolved from hardware-driven machines to software-driven electronic devices. Through this trend, the importance of electronics and software is increasing. System complexity has become a major challenge for automotive electronics designers; engineers must continue to add new connectivity solutions, new comfort applications, and advanced driver assistance systems. The differentiation will focus more on the user-interface and experience elements powered by advanced electronic devices and application software.
Intuitive Human-Machine Interface (HMI) sensing, seamless wireless connection, secured data access, reliable high-performance computing and storage are all key technologies provided by Infineon that can significantly enhance the in-vehicle customer experience. Together with the leading and full-spectrum portfolio of all power technologies, Infineon’s products will provide reliable and highly efficient solutions for your automotive infotainment applications. Infineon also provides easy-to-use software that fully complies with the trend of software-defined vehicles (SDV) and centralized system architectures.
Browse our solutions for Head Unit, Instrument Cluster, USB charging and Telematics; you will find a block diagram containing recommended products, reference designs, and support resources to meet your technical requirements and project deadlines.
- Understand Infineon’s pioneer role driving the automotive MEMS microphone market and its needs
- Discover the main features and key benefits of Infineon’s XENSIV™ microphone and identify the target automotive applications for this product
- Understand the evolution of the cockpit architecture
- Recognize the importance of the central modules like head unit and cockpit domain controllers and get to know Infineon solutions and their components
By the end of this training, you will be able to
- Describe the main features of Infineon’s TRAVEO™ T2G microcontrollers
- Recognize the different variants that make up this family of products
- Infineon has a successful history of supporting various graphics applications in cars with displays.
- Infineon's TRAVEO™ T2G microcontrollers are designed to meet size constraints, reduce costs, and improve performance and bandwidth for car displays, compared to system-on-chip solutions.