4.5kV modules in IHV portfolio
Highest power density with new chips in worldwide standardized module package
The newly launched 4,5kV trench plus Field stop IGBT and Field stop diode chips supplement the already existing high voltage classes of 3.3 and 6.5kV. Offering products also in the 4.5kV voltage class, enables Infineon to participate at the strongly growing market of power transmission and distribution as well as in special traction market segments.
It´s an evolution, filling the gap between the voltage classes of 3.3kV and 6.5kV IGBT modules. The new chips will come in two different housings: Firstly in the IHV-B housing, the successor of the world-wide used IHV-A module with an increased storage temperature down to -55°C and several improvements regarding reliability, robustness and life time.
Secondly in the highly insulated 6.5kV module housing, offering 10.2kV isolation capability and corresponding creepage and clearance distances as requested by the harsh environments of traction applications. They are optimized for application needs, which results in energy efficiency.
- 4,5kV trench plus Field stop IGBT and Field stop diode chips precisely developed with the focus on HVDC and traction applications demanding high current capability and optimized switching losses at around 500Hz
- Allows energy efficient operation
- IHV-A package allows operations down to -50°C and device storage down to -55°C
- IHV-B package allows operations up to 150°C
- The highly insulated IHV-A 6.5kV package offers 10.4kV isolation capability and corresponding creepage and clearance distance
Infineon® Prime Soft
New ultra-soft freewheeling diodes for IGBTs. Extreme high surge current performance and high turn-off capability for efficient and reliable converter design. Available for 3”, 3.5” and 5”. Find out more.