Low Power 3D Hall Sensor with I2C Interface and Wake Up Function
Infineon´s 3D magnetic sensor family TLE493D offers accurate three dimensional sensing with extremely low-power consumption. Within its small 6-pin package the sensor provides direct measurement of the x-, y-, and z components of a magnetic field.
Thus the sensor family is ideally suited for the measurement of:
- 3 dimensional movement within a magnetic field
- Linear slide movement
- 360° angle rotation
By combining 3-axis measurement in a small package, with low power consumption, the TLE493D sensors provide a contactless position sensing alternative to applications which traditionally use mechanical or optical solutions. The system size for these applications can be reduced as magnetic threshold stability over temperature provides a highly accurate and more robust solution for those systems.
Infineon’s sensor provides a standard 2-wire digital I2C communication interface, which enables a bi-directional communication between the sensor and microcontroller.
In keeping with the highest quality standards and environmental regulations, the sensor is RoHs compliant, JESD47 or AEC-Q100 qualified and supports system according functional safety standard ISO 26262.
Summary of Features:
- 3D magnetic flux density sensing of ±160mT
- Programmable flux resolution down to 65µT (typ.)
- X-Y angular measurement mode
- Diagnostic measurements to check digital parts, analog parts and Hall probe of the sensor
- Power down mode with 7nA (typ) power consumption
- 12-bit data resolution for each measurement direction plus 10-bit temperature sensor
- Variable update frequencies and power modes (configurable during operation)
- Temperature range Tj=-40 °C…125°C, supply voltage range = 2.8V…3.5V
- Triggering by external µC possible via I2C protocol
- Interrupt signal to indicate a valid measurement to the microcontroller
- Component reduction due to 3D magnetic measurement principle
- Wide application range addressable due to high flexibility
- Platform adaptability due to device configurability
- Supporting functional safety by means of integrated diagnostics
- Very low system power consumption due to Wake Up mode
- Disturbance of smaller stray fields are neglectable compared to the high magnetic flux measurement range
The TLE493D-W2B6 is designed for all kinds of sensing applications, including the following:
- Gear stick position
- Control elements in the top column module and multi function steering wheel
- Multi function knobs
- Pedal/valve position sensing