MOTIX™ | BLDC Motor Gate Driver ICs
Infineon offers a broad portfolio of MOTIX™BLDC gate drivers for automotive motor control & functional safety applications
Below you can find an overview of our products and the their diverse application fit:
Typical BLDC motor applications for automotive include powertrain, chassis, safety and ADAS systems such as electric power steering, brake booster, MHEV starter generator, active roll control, HVAC compressor, transfer case, pumps and fans
Infineon offers different system solutions to meet customer-specific preferences. Infineon´s extensive offering of intelligent motor control ICs is complemented by microcontrollers, sensors, transceivers, voltage Regulators and MOSFETs to simplify the design of end-to-end system solutions and different integration levels are offered based on different customer needs. The TLE9180D 3-phase driver ICs provide the advanced feature set for high current motor drives upto 48V. The latest innovative product family of the Motor System ICs combines the 3-phase driver with supply and communication interface as CAN FD or LIN.
- High performance with smooth operation from 0…100% duty cycle, precise dead-time control and a high power gate driver stage with typ. 2 A output current
- Reduced BoM due to functional independent phase voltage feedback, safety barrier to protect the MCU, functional independent OpAmps and smart supply concept that is capable to drive external phase separation MOSFETs
- Safety features such as somprehensive and configurable protection modes, detailed diagnosis supporting safety relevant use cases and limp home mode increasing the system availability
- Digital configuration over the SPI interface and diagnostic functions for fast design changes
- Versatility with a wide input voltage range to operate at 12 V, 24 V and 48 V battery voltage domains that fosters platform concepts and enables simplified variant handling
In this training you will:
- Know Infineon’s new MOTIX™ TLE9140EQW gate driver, its main features and applications.
- Understand its configurable parameters and how to best work with them.