Fixed Frequency CoolSET™
Higher efficiency and lower switching frequencies from the highly integrated 5th generation CoolSET™
Infineon’s latest 5th generation of fixed frequency integrated power stages (AC-DC) offers high performance with the integration of the renowned 700 V, 800 V, and 950 V CoolMOS™ P7 family in both DIP-7 and DSO-12 packages.
The CoolSET™ family addresses auxiliary power supply applications up to 43 W and offers superior energy efficiency, comprehensive protective features, and reduced system costs from a highly integrated solution.
The Fixed Frequency CoolSET™ family is a current-mode controller suitable for flyback and high voltage buck converter SMPS. The 5th generation offers high integration alongside the industry’s most trusted superjunction MOSFET technology - CoolMOS™.
A broad suite of integrated features includes advanced protection measures with auto-restart to minimize system disruption, configurable active burst mode to improve standby and light load performance, and frequency reduction operation to further increase light and mid-load efficiency at a lower switching frequency.
CoolSET™ also offers reduced BOM and system complexity with an integrated error amplifier allowing for direct feedback from the primary output with minimal dependency upon external components. Further value is added with the support of both Buck and CCM/DCM Flyback topologies from a single component.
- 65 kHz, 100 kHz, and 125 kHz maximum switching frequency
- Integrated with 700 V, 800 V, and 950 V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™ P7 power MOSFET family
- Brown in protection, fast and robust start-up operation with cascode configuration
- 3-level selectable entry/exit active burst mode profile (option to disable)
- Built-in digital soft start
- Cycle by cycle peak current limitation
- Support both Continuous-Current Mode (CCM) and Discontinuous-Conduction Mode (DCM) flyback operation with slope compensation
- Integrated error amplifier to support direct feedback (typical in non-isolated flyback or buck topologies)
- Digital frequency reduction with decreasing load for higher efficiency
- Adjustable line input over-voltage protection
- VCC pin short to ground protection
- OLP, output short, OTP with hysteresis and VCC over/under voltage protection
- Auto-restart for all protection features
- 800 V integrated MOSFET offers the industry’s highest power delivery in ≥43 W SMD package without a heatsink
- Support up to 700 mA output current for 65 kHz CoolSET™ in buck topology