Fuel-Cell Control Unit
Fuel-Cell Control Unit (FCCU)
The Fuel-cell control unit (FCCU) is a key component of fuel-cell electric vehicle drivetrain subsystems and is responsible for the overall process control of the entire fuel-cell system. This includes the supervision of hydrogen and air processing, thermal and water management, energy conversion, as well as meeting all safety and security requirements. To ensure these load and thermal requirements are continually met, there must be a close exchange between the fuel-cell controller and the powertrain domain controller.
When it comes to the design of fuel-cell subsystems, such as the FCCU, designers must prioritize efficiency, performance, and reliability in their product, while keeping costs at a minimum. Infineon offers a broad range of automotive power solutions intended to support designers in overcoming any challenges posed by fuel-cell technology.
With our portfolio of second-generation Infineon AURIX™ 32-bit microcontrollers, we can deliver high-performance processing units that meet the system requirements of electric vehicle fuel-cell control units. As the FFCU is responsible for the overall process control of the fuel-cell system, it is highly important that safety and security requirements are met.
Infineon 32-bit microcontrollers for fuel-cell control unit design provide functional safety support up to ASIL-D, as well as protection against manipulation and cyber-attacks, and are ideal for automotive applications where the combination of security and safety functions are required. Infineon AURIX™ 32-bit microcontrollers can be used in combination with OPTIREG™ safety supplies, pressure, and concentration sensors, and fuel-cell supervision ICs to ensure further safety assurances. The system can be extended by Infineon's OPTIGA™ TPM and F-RAM if required.
Infineon AURIX™ 32-bit microcontrollers also allow for easy customization and fast time to market by enabling engineers to choose from a wide range of memories, peripheral sets, frequencies, temperatures, and packaging options - and all with a high degree of compatibility across multiple generations.
- AURIX™ microcontrollers can be paired with OPTIREG™ PMIC solutions to ensure fuel-cell controller safety and security requirements are met
- AURIX™ 32-bit microcontrollers allow for a wide range of memories, peripheral sets, frequencies, temperatures, and packaging options with a high degree of compatibility across generations
- Infineon's global preferred design house partner network can accompany your designs from conception to the verification phase
- Evaluation Kits are available to shorten the system development time
- Get to know how AURIXTM is able to answer the needs of the electric vehicle market
- Recognize and explore how AURIX™ TC3xx addresses key electric vehicle challenges, and understand the main features of the AURIX™ TC3xx microcontroller
Getting the most out of batteries. By the end of this decade, the majority of new cars sold around the world is expected to have a partially or fully electric drivetrain. Battery management systems have a great impact on the range, cost and service life of electric vehicles, which makes them a key success factor for this mobility revolution. Furthermore, they play an essential role when it comes to second-life concepts that allow former EV batteries to be used as flexible storage for renewable energy, for example. Dr. Clemens Mueller exclusively explains in-depth market trends and challenges, provides details on Infineon products and solutions, and introduces the new BMS-IC TLE9012AQU.
- Identify common security threats to modern cars
- Understand how OPTIGA™ TPM can help automotive systems achieve a high level of security and their applications in different use cases in various host environments
To fully exploit the potential of hydrogen, solutions must be found to the challenges of production, storage, transport and use. Learn how the different systems are structured and how they work together. Gain insights into different production and consumption applications and learn about Infineon's best-in-class semiconductor solutions.