XENSIV(TM) KP201 - PRO-SIL™ Pressure Sensor for Side Crash Detection and Pedestrian Protection Systems
The Infineon KP201 is a pressure sensor especially qualified for high temperatures up to 125°C, as they can occur in and around the engine compartment of a car in Pedestrian Protection Systems.
KP201 pressure sensor is also suitable for the detection of side impacts in passenger cars. In this application, the pressure sensor is assembled in a door module located within the car’s side door.
During the normal operation mode there is a continuous internal range check.
Summary of Features
- Two-wire interface with on-chip current modulator for PSI5 communication
- Fully PSI5 compliant with support for multiple modes
- Synchronous or asynchronous data transmission
- EEPROM for unique ID number, calibration and mode selection
- Serial service interface for EEPROM programming
- On-chip voltage regulator › Reverse polarity protection
- Fully AK-LV29 and AK-LV38 compliant
- Patented online diagnosis for pressure cells and circuitry
- PRO-SIL™ support in line with IEC 61508 and ISO26262
- Green SMD package
- KP201 qualified for higher operating temperatures up to 125°C
- KP204 with 4-hole lid supporting insect intrusion protection
- The KP201 can be used in Pedestrian Protection Systems in or around the engine compartment of the car, or inside a door to detect side impacts