The base kit is a XMC4800 Relax kit with Arduino and Click Board (Mikrolectronica) compatible form factor. The XMC4800 series, Infineon can offer the a:FreeRTOS solution combined with ETHERCAT functionality in the same device. These XMC4800 devices are powered by Cortex ARM M4F microcontrollers. They also offer up to six standard CAN and ETHERCAT connectivity, for IoT gateway applications, plus many other peripherals.
The kit include the WiFi is based on the WiFi ESP click module from MikroElektronika connected to the mikroBUS™. As a plus you have the EtherCAT® communication for Industry 4.0 applications.
- ARM® Cortex®-M4 CPU 144MHz
- 2 MB of Flash
- 353 kByte RAM
- 100 pin package
- EtherCAT® connectivity
- On-board debugger
WiFi Click Board Module
- MikroElektronika WiFi ESP click (MIKROE-2542) – ESP-WROOM-02 module with ESP8266EX devices
Infineon is supporting Amazon FreeRTOS integration, with a microcontroller operating system that simplifies development and maintenance of microcontroller-based edge devices.
- Infineon XMC4000™ family of 32-bit-microcontrollers Cortex M4F supporting multiple new options of edge-computing based applications for consumer and industrial markets are enabled
- With the industry-leading sensor technology, Radar, pressure and Magnetics sensors and MEMS microphones: people living in smart homes and working in smart buildings can benefit from the seamless interaction of the new generation XENSIV™ sensors
- Key success factors for the IoT comprise security hardware-based solutions, the OPTIGA™ family of products is easy to integrate and offers the most advanced form of protection for connecting devices to AWS cloud services.