The TLE7259-3 is a transceiver for the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) with integrated wake-up and protection features. It is designed for in-vehicle networks using data transmission rates from 2.4 kbps to 20 kbps. The TLE7259-3 operate as a bus driver between the protocol controller and the physical bus of the LIN network. Compliant to all LIN standards and with a wide operational supply range the TLE7259-3 can be used in all automotive applications.
The usage of different operation modes and the INH output allow the TLE7259-3 to control external components, like e.g. voltage regulators. In Sleep-mode the TLE7259-3 draws typically less than 8 μA of quiescent current while still being able to wake up when detecting LIN bus traffic and a local wake up signalst. The very low leakage current on the BUS pin makes the TLE7259-3 especially suitable for partially supplied networks.
Based on the Infineon Smart Power Technology SPT®, the TLE7259-3 provides excellent ESD Robustness and a very high electromagnetic compliance (EMC). The TLE7259-3 reaches very low levels of electromagnetic emission within a broad frequency range, independent from the battery voltage. The TLE7259-3 and the Infineon SPT® technology are AEC qualified and tailored to withstand the harsh condition of the automotive environment.
Summary of Features:
- Single-wire LIN transceiver for transmission rates up to 20 kbps
- Compliant to ISO 17987-4 and LIN Specification 2.2A
- Very low current consumption in sleep mode with wake-up functions
- Very low leakage current on the BUS pin
- Digital I/O levels compatible with 3.3 V and 5 V microcontrollers
- TxD protected with dominant time-out function
- Improved receiver performance: Reduced progration delay and increased delay symmetry
- BUS short to V BAT protection and BUS short to GND handling
- Over temperature protection and supply undervoltage detection
- Flash mode supporting accelerated microcontroller programming
- Very high ESD robustness, ± 15 kV according to IEC61000-4-2
- Optimized for high electromagnetic compatibility (EMC); Very low emission and high immunity to interference
- Availible in standard PG-DSO-8 and leadless PG-TSON-8 packages
- PG-TSON-8 package supports Automated Optical Inspection (AOI)
- Suitable for 12 V and 24 V board net
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.