(H)EV - Auxiliary HV/LV DC/DC
The architecture of electric vehicles comprises at least one low-voltage sub-network with a low-voltage energy storage and multiple electrical loads, and one high-voltage sub-network with a high-voltage energy storage. The auxiliary HV/LV DC/DC job is to enable the bi-directional energy flow between these two electrical subnets.
Your biggest challenges: achieving greatest-possible efficiency and keeping overall system costs in check. The space required for the DC/DC should also be kept to an absolute minimum. Infineon’s portfolio is specially designed to help you overcome these barriers with ease.
(H)EV - Auxiliary HV/LV DC/DC system diagram
- Fully automotive-qualified product portfolio including both power module and discrete solutions
- Supports a wide range of highly-efficient conversion topologies (including bidirectional)
- Compact design with highest power density
- Very low switching losses at high switching frequencies
- Isolation-integrated in gate driver
- High-performance 32-bit microcontroller solutions
- Evaluation Kit available to reduce system development time
CoolMOS™ CFD7A - On the fast lane in automotive applications
The newly released HV SJ power MOSFET series, CoolMOS™ CFD7A, merges unrivaled technology know-how with the proven Infineon automotive quality standards - going beyond AEC-Q101. The intrinsic fast body diode and the higher efficiency levels make it a sound device for PFC / DC-DC stages. Typical battery system voltages up to 475 V can be reached and the reduced switching losses result in excellent light- / full-load efficiency. On-board charger designs will become more compact and high-performing.
CoolSiC™ for automotive applications – Revolution to rely on
With an outstanding quality of robust, large and reliable semiconductor portfolio of automotive CoolSiC™ devices, Infineon is paving the way for carbon-efficient e-mobility.
In this training you will:
- Understand how HybridPACK™ DC6i can meet the challenges posed by main inverter applications in terms of system requirements, size, cost and time
- Discover HybridPACK™’s DC6i distinctive features, namely the EDT2 and PressFIT™ technology
Do you want to know the various topologies you can find in this power conversion stage and their top-level working principle? Get to know the basic concepts of passive and two-level active rectification methods.
In this training you will:
- Understand what EV DC charging is and what the specifications of a charger module are
- Know the replacement steps from CFD2 to CFD7 or CSFD in LLC topologies to an EV charging module
With the growing market of electrical vehicles, the industry has put forward more requirements for the performance of charging piles. This e-learning will show you that the emergence of CoolSiC™ MOSFETs has improved the charging pile industry to make the EV charger smaller, faster and with higher efficiency.
In this video, you will:
- Understand how Infineon’s power semiconductor module portfolio is a solution for the main challenges of the electric vehicle industry
- Know Infineon’s general value drivers as well as recent success stories on the electromobility market
- Get to know why systems require frequent updates, how this is done and how automotive systems try to ensure their security when they are updated
- Learn how AURIX™ families of microcontrollers support over-the-air software updates
- Get to know how AURIXTM is able to answer the needs of the electric vehicle market
- Recognize and explore how AURIX™ TC3xx addresses key electric vehicle challenges, and understand the main features of the AURIX™ TC3xx microcontroller