(H)EV - Auxiliary HV/LV DC/DC
The architecture of electric vehicles comprises at least one low-voltage sub-network with a low-voltage energy storage and multiple electrical loads, and one high-voltage sub-network with a high-voltage energy storage. The auxiliary HV/LV DC/DC job is to enable the bi-directional energy flow between these two electrical subnets.
Your biggest challenges: achieving greatest-possible efficiency and keeping overall system costs in check. The space required for the DC/DC should also be kept to an absolute minimum. Infineon’s portfolio is specially designed to help you overcome these barriers with ease.
(H)EV - Auxiliary HV/LV DC/DC system diagram
- Fully automotive-qualified product portfolio including both power module and discrete solutions
- Supports a wide range of highly-efficient conversion topologies (including bidirectional)
- Compact design with highest power density
- Very low switching losses at high switching frequencies
- Isolation-integrated in gate driver
- High-performance 32-bit microcontroller solutions
- Evaluation Kit available to reduce system development time
CoolMOS™ CFD7A - On the fast lane in automotive applications
The newly released HV SJ power MOSFET series, CoolMOS™ CFD7A, merges unrivaled technology know-how with the proven Infineon automotive quality standards - going beyond AEC-Q101. The intrinsic fast body diode and the higher efficiency levels make it a sound device for PFC / DC-DC stages. Typical battery system voltages up to 475 V can be reached and the reduced switching losses result in excellent light- / full-load efficiency. On-board charger designs will become more compact and high-performing.
CoolSiC™ for automotive applications – Revolution to rely on
With an outstanding quality of robust, large and reliable semiconductor portfolio of automotive CoolSiC™ devices, Infineon is paving the way for carbon-efficient e-mobility.
Do you want to know the various topologies you can find in this power conversion stage and their top-level working principle? Get to know the basic concepts of passive and two-level active rectification methods.
- Get to know how AURIXTM is able to answer the needs of the electric vehicle market
- Recognize and explore how AURIX™ TC3xx addresses key electric vehicle challenges, and understand the main features of the AURIX™ TC3xx microcontroller
In this video, you will:
- Understand how Infineon’s power semiconductor module portfolio is a solution for the main challenges of the electric vehicle industry
- Know Infineon’s general value drivers as well as recent success stories on the electromobility market
In this training you will:
- Be familiar with silicon carbide MOSFET structures and their characteristics
- Get to know Infineon's CoolSiC™ MOSFET, its features, its improvements over a typical trench MOS and how it performs against its competitors
In this training you will:
- Get to know Infineon’s IPOSIM tool, specifically for an automotive electric vehicle inverter
- Discover the steps involved in simulating different parameters and comparing the results of different Infineon products to see which is the best fit for your application