EZ-PD™ CMG1 USB-C EMCA Controller
USB power delivery controller for USB-C Electronically Marked Cable (EMCA)
EZ-PD™ CMG1 is Infineon's dedicated Electronically Marked Cable Assembly (EMCA) controller targeting passive non-Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt Type-C cables. CMG1 supports power delivery 3.0, Type-C 1.3, integrated VBUS-CC short protection, VBUS-VCONN short protection and ESD protection all offered in a small footprint 9-ball WLCSP package.
CMG1 is built to operate from 2.7-5.5 V VCONN supply range with a 40 byte of storage for vendor- and cable-specific configuration data.
CMG1 passive EMCA paddle card reference design is available here to speed up the design cycle.
Please click here for EZ-PD™ software development kit.
- Supports USB PD 3.0 spec and USB Type-C spec version 1.3
- Integrated high-voltage protection on CC, VCONN1, and VCONN2 pins to protect against accidental shorts to the VBUS pin on the Type-C connector
- Integrated 40 bytes for storing vendor- and cable-specific configuration data
- Termination resistor RA on VCONN1 and VCONN2
- Supports RA weakening to reduce power consumption
- IEC ESD protection on VCONN and CC
- Wide operating voltages: 2.7-5.5 V
- Packages: 9-ball WLCSP (1.35 x 1.35 mm)
- Supports industrial temperature grade (-40 °C to +85 °C)
- Watch the Type-C 101 Video Series
- Download the CMG1 datasheet and Getting Started EZ-PD CMG1
- Build the USB-C passive EMCA paddle card using the CMG1 reference design
- Download the EZ-PD Configuration Utility to configure vendor- and cable-specific configuration data in the CMG1 of your USB-C cable
- Get your Schematics reviewed using the Online Tech Support Case System