OptiMOS™ 5 low-voltage MOSFETs 40V normal level offered in SuperSO8 package
With the OptiMOSTM 5 40V normal level product family Infineon offers a benchmark solution for applications requiring normal level (higher threshold voltage) drive capability.
The high Vth in the normal level portfolio offers immunity to false turn-on due to noisy environments. In addition, lower QGD/QGS ratios (CGD/CGS divider ratio) reduce the peak of the gate voltage spikes, further contributing to the robustness against unwanted turn-on.
- Normal level gate threshold (2.8V typical)
- 175°C junction temperature (Tj)
- Optimized charge ratio (QGD/QGS <0.8) for dv/dt immunity
- Low gate charge
- Superior thermal resistance
- Strong linear mode/SOA (safe operating area) rating
- Reduced switching losses leading to greater system efficiency and power density
- Suitable for operation at higher frequencies enabling advanced motor control techniques like field oriented control (FOC), direct torque control (DTC) as well as block commutation method
- Capable of withstanding high surge current during in-rush, locked rotor and braking scenarios