The TLE9251VSJ is the latest Infineon High Speed CAN transceiver generation, used inside HS CAN networks for automotive and also for industrial applications. It is designed to fulfill the requirements of the current ISO11898 standard (ISO11898-2 from 2003 and ISO11898-5 from 2007) and also the upcoming new version of ISO 11898-2 (2016) physical layer specification. Additionally it also fulfills the SAE standards J1939 and J2284-4/5. The TLE9251VSJ has a low power Stand-by mode with bus wake-up pattern (WUP) detection feature according to ISO 11898-2 (2016). In Stand-by mode the TLE9251VSJ is capable to detect a wake-up pattern even if V IO is the only supply voltage available (V CC switched off). The TLE9251VSJ is offered in the standard PG-DSO-8 package, but is also available in a tiny, leadless PG-TSON-8 package, called TLE9251VLE. Both packages are RoHS compliant and halogen free. Additionally the PG-TSON-8 package supports the solder joint requirements for reliable automated optical inspection (AOI). As an interface between the physical bus layer and the HS CAN protocol controller, the TLE9251VSJ protects the microcontroller against interferences generated inside the network. A very high ESD robustness and the perfect RF immunity allows the use in automotive application without adding additional protection devices, like suppressor diodes for example. Based on the high symmetry of the CANH and CANL output signals, the TLE9251VSJ provides a very low level of electromagnetic emission (EME) within a wide frequency range. The TLE9251VSJ fulfills even stringent EMC test limits without additional external circuit, like a common mode choke for example. The perfect transmitter symmetry combined with the optimized delay symmetry of the receiver enables the TLE9251VSJ to support CAN FD data frames. Depending on the size of the network and the along coming parasitic effects the device supports bit rates up to 5 MBit/s. Fail-safe features like overtemperature protection, output current limitation or the TxD timeout feature protect the TLE9251VSJ and the external circuitry. While the transceiver TLE9251VSJ is not supplied the bus is switched off and illustrate an ideal passive behavior with the lowest possible load to all other subscribers of the HS CAN network.
- Fully compliant to ISO11898-2 (2016)
- Guaranteed loop delay symmetry to support CAN FD data frames up to 5 MBit/s
- Very low electromagnetic emission (EME) allows the use without additional common mode choke
- V IO input for voltage adaption to the microcontroller interface (3.3V or 5V)
- Bus wake-up Pattern (WUP) function with optimized filter time for worldwide OEM usage
- Stand-by mode with minimized quiescent current
- Transmitter supply V CC can be turned off in Stand-by mode for additional quiescent current savings
- Also available in tiny, leadless PG-TSON-8 package ready for automated optical inspection (AOI)
- Excellent ESD robustness
- Extended supply range on the V CC and V IO supply
- TxD time-out function
- Wide common mode range for electromagnetic immunity (EMI)
- Very low CAN bus leakage current in power-down state
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.