54W smart ballast board for UV-C Disinfection lamps
EVAL_ICB2FL03G is a ballast design evaluation board for 54W UV-C disinfection lamps with voltage-mode preheating. It features the smart ballast controller ICB2FL03G which comes in a slim SO-16 package and the 600V CoolMOS™ PFD7 IPN60R1K5PFD7S superjunction MOSFET.
The ballast IC is designed to control a boost converter as an active power factor correction (PFC) filter in critical/discontinuous conduction mode (CritCM/DCM) and in half-bridge topologies as a lamp inverter. It enables speedy and cost-effective ballast designs with a minimum number of external components. All lamp start, run and protection features are integrated.
The 600 V CoolMOS™ PFD7 MOSFET family combines the highest efficiency with a very high level of robustness. To reduce system cost, the version in a SOT-223 package is integrated and that combines low cost with high efficiency.
Infineon’s proprietary Coreless Transformer Technology (CLT) enables reliable and robust high-voltage isolation. For smooth and fast testing a customer in-circuit test mode is supported.
Summary of Features
- Optimized for UV-C ballasts
- Lowest count of external components
- Integrated high-performance PFC stage
- Numerous monitoring and protection features for highest reliability
- Integrated 650V half-bridge driver with Coreless Transformer Technology
- Supports customer in-circuit test mode for reduced tester time
- Enables ballast compatibility with a wide range of lamp types
- Excellent dynamic PFC performance enables very low THD across wide load ranges
- Eases design of multi-power ballasts and reduces EMI
- Halving the time for key tests (e.g. end-of-life detection and preheat/operation modes)
- Reliable, stable, and robust ballast design
- UV-C Disinfection lamps
- Fluorescent Lamp Ballast