Cryptographic key generation and management
Reducing risks with cryptographic key management standards
The creation and management of cryptographic keys is a vital step in IoT device security. New keys are needed when existing keys expire, a new certificate (identity) is required and a communication session is set up (session keys). Key management is not limited to key generation, however. Keys often must be certified by a certification authority, jointly established by two parties or derived from other keys. Establishing a root key on a secured chip at the manufacturing stage reduces risk, supporting subsequent key generation, key management and security updates.
Secured foundation for future cryptographic operations
- All private and secret keys are safely stored in a secured vault
- With built-in hardware crypto modules, our security chips can generate intermediate keys (session keys, blob keys)
- They can sign and/or verify data internally without exposing private keys
Benefits at a glance
- IoT system and device manufacturers can offer robust key management functionality
- Service providers can manage their private and secret keys securely
- Best practice cryptography gives consumers greater confidence in the security of their IoT devices and systems
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.