The Infineon MOSFETs include several sub-categories, depending on whether the biasing resistor network at the RF input port is fully integrated (full-biased), partly integrated (semi-biased) or not at all integrated (non-biased). Mainstream TV tuners are either a semi-biased or an intelligent-switching concept, while FM radio tuners mainly use single non-biased or single full-biased MOSFETs.
As a key component in the tuner pre-stage circuit, Infineon RF MOSFET features:
- Best-in-class noise figure and gain
- Excellent cross-modulation
- ESD robustness protected via an on-chip gate protection diode
- 5th generation MOSFETs such as BF5030W and BG5120K fulfill the stringent technical requirement from the digital tuners and also support low-power 3V designs
- Automotive quality (AEC Q101 qualified)
- RoHS compliant