45W USB-PD SMPS reference design with XDPS21071
This is a 45W USB-PD type C charger reference design in a small form factor. The reference design has been developed to demonstrate the performance by meeting various regulatory limits as well as allowing for small form factor designs. It features Infineon’s digital flyback controller XDPS21071, 700V CoolMOS™ P7 Superjunction MOSFET (IPD70R360P7S), OptiMOS™ PD synchronous-rectification MOSFET (BSC0805LS) and small-signal-MOSFET (BSL606SN).
This 45W USB-PD 3.0 type C charger has a universal input voltage range of 90~264 VAC. The supported output is 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A and 20V/2.25A. Its peak efficiency is 90%, with a low standby input power of <30mW.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- High density with 21.5W/in3 PCBA design
- High efficiency with adaptive ZVS operation and frequency law for variable output design
- DCM operation design
- Small form factor with planar transformer design
- Brown-out, output short, overload and output overvoltage protection
- Small form factor design to increase portability
- Meet energy star DoE level VI and European CoC version 5 tier 2 efficiency and standby power requirement
- Safe and robust SR operation