Infineon XC800 FLOAD V4.7 - Release Notes
Current Version: 4.7 (July 2008)
The Infineon XC800 FLOAD is intended to handle the
microcontroller on-chip FLASH of the XC800 families.
According to the capabilities of the respective on-chip memory device the program
allows to erase, program, verify and protect the module. To program a memory device
one can open an Intel-Hex-File and write its contents into
the memory device. Infineon XC800 FLOAD 4 can be used on PC's running Microsoft Windows9x, WindowsNT 4.0,
Windows2000 or WindowsXPPro.
The target is connected to the host PC using a standard RS232 or USB ports.
To install Infineon XC800 FLOAD V4.7 go to the setup directory and run setup.exe.
Supported operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 ( Service Pack 4 or higher) or
- Microsoft Windows 98 SE or
- Microsoft Windows ME or
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (Service Pack 2 or higher) or
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
You need administrator permissions to install the program on Windows NT based systems.
This version provides support for programming on-chip FLASH memory devices on
target systems based on controllers of the following families:
- XC864-1F Program and Data FLASH
- XC866-1/2/4F Program and Data FLASH
- XC886/888-6/8F Program and Data FLASH
- XC878-13/16F Program and Data FLASH
- Standard PC serial port
- Standard USB to RS232 converters (available as COMx port within Windows)
- Standard USB interface
- support XC864-1F device
- support CAN BSL flash programming, by using USCALE as the interface board with any XC800 target board
- support XC88x device on FTDI chip starter kit board
- support DAS Server to perform flash / XRAM programming and execution
- installation script is now able to overwrite the previous FLOAD version without first uninstall the old FLOAD
- support XC878(L)-13/16F device
- support NAD and NAC for LIN-variant device
- support LIN communication by using LIN transceiver in the setup
- support UART RTS & DTR signals toggling to reset the target device
- simplified detection method of starter kit with USB connector