EZ-PD™ PMG1-S0 in 2500 tape and reel packing
EZ-PD™ PMG1-S0 CYPM1011-24LQXIT is the tape and reel packing type option belonging to the PMG1-S0 family. It includes two configurable serial communication blocks (SCB0 and SCB1) that can be configured as I2C, SPI, or UART. The SCBs are configured using a simple GUI configuration tool available in ModusToolbox™. In the current solution, SCB0 is configured as I2C running at 400 kHz. The I2C can be configured to run at 100 kHz, 400 kHz, or 1 MHz. The I2C interface communicates with DPS310, a temperature/pressure sensor from Infineon. With EZ-PD™ PMG1-S0 system designers can integrate a multitude of sensors, based on their application through either I2C or SPI. SCB1 is configured as UART and is used for printing debug messages and sensor data to the terminal.
The USB PD block in the EZ-PD™ PMG1-S0 is used for USB Type-C source attach detection and negotiating a 45 W power delivery contract. EZ-PD™ PMG1-S0 has 14 general-purpose IOs that can be used for system functions. In the example solution, a GPIO is used to detect system enable/disable functions. It is connected to the user switch SW2 in the EZ-PD™ PMG1-S0 kit. The switch replicates the on/off switch functions in real-world applications.
The EZ-PD™ PMG1 family has a rich set of documentation, development tools, and online resources to assist system designers during their development process. ModusToolbox™ with PMG1-S0 SDK, along with the CY7110 kit and its quick start guide, make firmware development and testing simple and easy, sharply reducing development time and time to market.
- USB-C support and USB PD support
- Programmable MCU with Arm® Cortex® M0, 64 KB Flash and 8 KB SRAM
- Integrated legacy charging block for BC1.2, AFC, Apple charge and QC sink support
- Integrated current sense block
- Integrated 8-bit ADC for voltage monitoring
- 12 GPIOs that can operate from 1.71 V to 5.5 V
- System-level fault protection including OVP, UVP, VBUS to CC Short protection, SCP, RCP, OCP
- Clocks and oscillators
- System-level ESD protection with ± 8-kV contact discharge and ±15-kV Air Gap discharge based on IEC61000-4-2 level 4C
- 24QFN package supporting industrial temperature range (-40°C to +105°C)
- Packing type: tape and reel
- Optimized area and BOM thanks to the integrated single-chip solution
- Simple customization via ModusToolbox™ EZ-PD™ PMG1 SDK
- Easy integration in your application
- On-chip secure protection