EZ-PD™ PMG1-B1 with RP and RD in tape and reel packing
EZ-PD™ PMG1-B1 CYPM1115-48LQXIT distinguishes itself for its Rp and Rd termination resistors and the tape and reel packing. It is part of the EZ-PD™ PMG1-B1 family of highly integrated single-port USB-C Power Delivery (PD) solution with integrated buck-boost controllers.
The Cortex®-M0 in EZ-PD™ PMG1-B1 devices is a 32-bit MCU, which is optimized for low-power operation with extensive clock gating. EZ-PD™ PMG1-B1 devices have 128 KB Flash and 32 KB ROM for non-volatile storage. ROM stores libraries for authentication and device drivers such as I2C, SPI, and so on. Flash provides the flexibility to store code for any customer feature and allows firmware upgrades to meet the latest USB power delivery specifications and application needs. The 16-KB RAM is used under software control to store the temporary status of system variables and parameters. A supervisory ROM that contains boot and configuration routines is provided.
The USBPD subsystem contains the USBPD physical layer block and supporting circuits. The USBPD physical layer consists of a transmitter and receiver that communicate BMC encoded data over the CC channel per the PD 3.1 standard. All communication is half-duplex. The USBPD block includes all termination resistors (Rp and Rd) and their switches as required by the USB Type-C spec.
The EZ-PD™ PMG1-B1 device family along with the accompanying firmware is fully compliant with revision 3.1 of the USB Power delivery specification. The device supports programmable power supply (PPS) operation at all valid voltages from 3.3 to 21 V and has a programmable switching frequency (150 to 600 kHz).
EZ-PD™ CYPM1115-48LQXIT is available on demand, please contact us here to place your request or receive more information.
- USB-C support and USB PD support
- Programmable MCU with Arm® Cortex® M0, 128 KB Flash and 16 KB SRAM
- Integrated buck-boost controller with 5.5 V to 24 V input and 3.3 V to 21.5 V output voltage range
- Integrated LDO with 5 V output at 75 mA
- Integrated 8-bit ADC and 12-bit ADC for voltage monitoring and battery charging support
- Integrated legacy charging block for BC1.2, AFC, Apple charge and QC sink support
- Integrated current sense block
- System-level fault protection including OVP, UVP, VBUS to CC Short protection, SCP, RCP, OCP
- Digital block configurable to I²C, SPI or UART
- Clocks and oscillators
- 21 GPIOs that can operate from 1.71 V to 5.5 V
- 150 kHz to 600 kHz switching frequency
- 48QFN package supporting industrial temperature range (-40°C to +105°C)
- Termination resistors: Rp and Rd
- Packing type: tape and reel
- Optimized area and BOM thanks to the integrated single-chip solution
- Simple customization via ModusToolbox™ EZ-PD™ PMG1 SDK
- Easy integration in your application
- On-chip secure protection