The TLE9250XSJ is the latest Infineon High Speed CAN transceiver generation, used inside HS CAN networks for automotive and also for industrial applications.
It is designed to fulfill the requirements of the current ISO11898 standard (ISO11898-2 from 2003) and also the upcoming new version of ISO 11898-2 (2016) physical layer specification. Additionally it also fulfills the SAE standards J1939 and J2284-4/5. The TLE9250XSJ is offered in the standard PG-DSO-8 package, but is also available in a tiny, leadless PG-TSON-8 package, called TLE9250XLE. Both packages are RoHS compliant and halogen free. Additionally the PG-TSON-8 package supports the solder joint requirements for reliable automated optical inspection (AOI). As an interface between the physical bus layer and the HS CAN protocol controller, the TLE9250XSJ protects the microcontroller against interferences generated inside the network. A very high ESD robustness and the perfect RF immunity allows the use in automotive application without adding additional protection devices, like suppressor diodes for example. Based on the high symmetry of the CANH and CANL output signals, the TLE9250XSJ provides a very low level of electromagnetic emission (EME) within a wide frequency range. The TLE9250XSJ fulfills even stringent EMC test limits without additional external circuit, like a common mode choke for example. The perfect transmitter symmetry combined with the optimized delay symmetry of the receiver enables the TLE9250XSJ to support CAN FD data frames. Depending on the size of the network and the along coming parasitic effects the device supports bit rates up to 5 MBit/s. Fail-safe features like overtemperature protection, output current limitation or the TxD timeout feature protect the TLE9250XSJ and the external circuitry. While the transceiver TLE9250XSJ is not supplied, the bus is switched off and illustrate an ideal passive behavior with the lowest possible load to all other nodes of the High-Speed CAN network.
- Fully compliant to ISO 11898-2 (2016)
- Guaranteed loop delay symmetry to support CAN FD data frames up to 5 MBit/s
- Very low electromagnetic emission (EME) allows the use without additional common mode choke
- V IO input for voltage adaption to the microcontroller interface (3.3V or 5V)
- Receive-only mode
- Also available in tiny, leadless PG-TSON-8 package ready for automated optical inspection (AOI)
- Excellent ESD robustness
- Extended supply range on the V cc
- TxD time-out function
- Wide common mode range for electromagnetic immunity (EMI)
- Very low CAN bus leakage current in power-down state