The linear Hall IC TLE4998P8(D) has been designed specifically to meet the requirements of highly accurate angle and position detection. The sensor provides a digital PWM signal, which is well suited for direct decoding by any unit measuring a duty cycle of a rectangular signal (usually a timer/capture unit in a microcontroller). The output stage is an open-drain driver pulling the output pin to low only. Therefore, the high level needs to be obtained by an external pull-up resistor. This output type has the advantage that the receiver may use an even lower supply voltage (e.g. 3.3 V). In this case the pull-up resistor must be connected to the given receiver supply.
- Integration of two individual programmable Linear Hall sensor IC’s with PWM open-drain output signal
- 20-bit Digital Signal Processing
- Digital temperature and stress compensation
- 12-bit overall resolution
- Operating automotive temperature range -40°C to 125°C
- Minimal drift of output signal over temperature and lifetime
- Programmable parameters stored in EEPROM with single bit error correction:
- PWM output frequency
- Magnetic range, sensitivity (gain), offset, and polarity of the output slope
- Clamping levels
- Customer temperature compensation coefficients for all common magnets
- Re-programmable until memory lock
- Supply voltage 4.5 - 5.5 V (4.1 - 16 V extended range)
- Configurable magnetic range: ±50 mT, ±100 mT, or ±200 mT
- Reverse-polarity and overvoltage protection for all pins
- Output short-circuit protection
- On-board diagnostics (overvoltage, EEPROM error)
- Digital readout of the magnetic field and internal temperature in calibration mode
- Programming and operation of multiple sensors with common power supply
- Two-point calibration of magnetic transfer function without iteration steps
- Robust replac�ement of potentiometers: No mechanical abrasion, resistant to humidity, temperature, pollution and vibration
- Linear and angular position sensing in automotive and industrial applications with highest accuracy requirements
- Suited for safety applications such as pedal position, throttle position and steering torque sensing
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.