The linear Hall IC TLE4998C has been designed specifically to meet the requirements of highly accurate angle and position detection as well as for current measurement applications. The sensor provides a digital SPC (Short PWM Code) signal, based on the standardized SENT (Single Edge Nibble Transmission, SAE J2716) protocol. The SPC protocol allows transmissions initiated by the ECU. Two further operation modes are available: “range selection” for dynamical switching of the measurement range during operation ,“ID selection” to build a bus system with up to 4 ICs on a single output line and a common supply, which can be individually accessed by the ECU. Each transmission sequence contains an adjustable number of nibbles representing the magnetic field, the temperature value and a status information of the sensor.The output stage is an open-drain driver pulling the output pin to low only. Therefore, the high level needs to be obtained by an external pull-up resistor. This output type has the advantage that the receiver may use an even lower supply voltage (e.g. 3.3 V). In this case the pull-up resistor must be connected to the given receiver supply. The IC is produced in BiCMOS technology with high voltage capability, and it also has reverse-polarity protection. Digital signal processing using a 16-bit DSP architecture together with digital temperature compensation guarantee excellent long-time stability compared to analog compensation methods. While the overall resolution is 16 bits, some internal stages work with resolutions up to 20 bits.
- SPC (Short PWM Code) protocol with enhanced interface features based on SENT (Single Edge Nibble Transmission,defined by SAE J2716)
- 20-bit Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Digital temperature compensation
- 16-bit overall resolution
- Operates within automotive temperature range
- Low drift of output signal over temperature and lifetime
- Programmable parameters stored in EEPROM with single-bit error correction: SPC protocol modes: synchronous transmission, dynamic range selection, ID selection mode,SPC unit time,Magnetic range and sensitivity (gain), polarity of the output slope,Offset,Bandwidth,Clamping levels,Customer temperature compensation coefficients,Memory lock Re-programmable until memory lock
- Supply voltage 4.5 - 5.5 V (4.1 - 16 V in extended range)
- Operation between -200 mT and +200 mT within three ranges
- Reverse-polarity and overvoltage protection for all pins
- Output short-circuit protection
- On-board diagnostics (overvoltage, EEPROM error, start up)
- Output of internal magnetic field values and temperature
- Programming and operation of multiple sensors with common power supply
- Two-point calibration of magnetic transfer function without iteration steps
- High immunity against mechanical stress, EMC, ESD
- Robust replacement of potentiometers,No mechanical abrasion,Resistant to humidity, temperature, pollution and vibration
- Linear and angular position sensing in automotive applications such as pedal position, suspension control, throttle position, headlight levelling, and steering torque sensing
- Sensing of high current for battery management, motor control,and electronic fuses
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.