KP108 is a pressure sensor system for the detection of side crashes in passenger cars. In this application, the pressure sensor is assembled in a module located within the car‘s side doors. When the door is compressed due to a side impact, the KP108 provides a signal pulse which is proportional to the pressure change inside the door. The height of the signal pulse depends on the relative pressure change. Therefore the output signal is independent of the ambient pressure.
- Synchronous or asynchronous data transmission
- User specified protocol available
- 2-wire interface with on chip current modulator for Manchester communication
- E²PROM for ID number, calibration and mode selection
- Patented online diagnoses for pressure cells and circuitry
- Serial service interface
- On chip voltage regulator
- Reverse polarity protection
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.