The BFP842ESD is a high performance HBT (Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor) specifically designed for 2.3 - 3.5 GHz LNA applications. The device is based upon the reliable high volume SiGe:C technology of Infineon. The BFP842ESD provides inherently good input power match as well as inherently good noise match between 2.3 and 3.5 GHz. The simultaneous noise and power match without lossy external matching components at the input leads to a low external parts count, to a very good noise figure and to a high transducer gain in the application. Integrated protection elements at in- and output make the device robust against ESD and excessive RF input power. The device offers its high performance at low current and voltage and is especially well-suited for portable batterypowered applications in which energy efficiency is a key requirement. The device comes in an easy to use industry standard package with visible leads.
- Robust very low noise amplifier based on Infineon´s reliable, high volume
- SiGe:C technology
- Unique combination of high end RF performance and robustness: 16 dBm maximum RF input power, 1 kV HBM ESD hardness
- High linearity OIP3 = 25.5 dBm at 3.5 GHz, 2.5 V, 15 mA
- High transition frequency fT = 60 GHz enables very low noise figure at high frequencies: NFmin = 0.65 dB at 3.5 GHz, 2.5 V, 5 mA
- Transducer gain |S21|2 = 16 dB @ 3.5 GHz, 2.5 V, 15 mA
- Ideal for low voltage applications e.g. VCC = 1.8 V and 2.85 V (3.3 V, 3.6 V requires corresponding collector resistor)
- Low power consumption, ideal for mobile applications
- Easy to use Pb free (RoHS compliant) and halogen free industry standard package with visible leads
As very low noise amplifier (LNA) in:
- Mobile and fixed connectivity applications: WLAN 802.11b/g/n, WiMAX 2.5/3.5 GHz, Bluetooth
- Satellite communication systems: GNSS Navigation systems (GPS, GLONASS, COMPASS/Beidu/Galileo), Satellite radio (SDARs, DAB and C-band LNB) and C-band LNB (1st and 2nd stage LNA)
- Multimedia applications such as mobile/portable TV, Mobile TV, FM Radio
- 3G/4G UMTS/LTE mobile phone applications
- ISM applications like RKE, AMR and Zigbee
As discrete active mixer, buffer amplifier in VCOs
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.