The BFP740ESD is a Silicon Germanium Carbon (SiGe:C) NPN Heterojunction wideband Bipolar RF Transistor (HBT) in a plastic dual emitter standard package with visible leads. The device is fitted with internal protection circuits, which enhance robustness against ESD and high RF input power strongly. The device combines robustness with very high RF gain and lowest noise figure at low operation current for use in a wide range of wireless applications. The BFP740ESD is especially well-suited for portable battery-powered applications in which reduced power consumption is a key requirement. Device design supports collector voltages up to 4.2 V.
- Robust high performance low noise amplifier based on Infineon´s reliable, high volume SiGe:C wafer technology
- 2 kV ESD robustness (HBM) due to integrated protection circuits
- High maximum RF input power of 21 dBm
- 0.65 dB minimum noise figure typical at 2.4 GHz, 0.9 dB at 5.5 GHz, 6 mA
- 25.5 dB maximum gain (Gma, Gms) typical at 2.4 GHz, 18.5 dB at 5.5 GHz, 25 mA
- 24 dBm OIP3 typical at 5.5 GHz, 25 mA
- Accurate SPICE GP model available to enable effective design in process (see chapter 6)
- Easy to use, Pb- and halogen free (RoHS compliant) standard package with visible leads
As Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) in:
- Mobile, portable and fixed connectivity applications: WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n, WiMax 2.5 / 3.5 / 5GHz, UWB, Bluetooth
- Satellite communication systems: Navigation systems (GPS, Glonass), satellite radio (SDARs, DAB) and C-band LNB
- Multimedia applications such as mobile/portable TV, CATV, FM radio
- 3G/4G UMTS/LTE mobile phone applications
- ISM applications like RKE, AMR and Zigbee, as well as for emerging wireless applications.As discrete active mixer, amplifier in VCOs and buffer amplifier
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.