The SPOC - BTS5482SF is a four channels high-side smart power switch in PG-DSO-36-43 package providing embedded protective functions. It is especially designed to control standard exterior lighting in automotive applications. Channels 0 and 1 drive lamps up to 65W as well as HIDL (High Internsity Discharge Lamps). Channels 2 and 3 drive lamps up to 27W.
- 8 bit serial peripheral interface for control and diagnosis
- Integrated control for two external smart power switches
- LED/Bulb modes available for channels 2 and 3 to adapt the switching and diagnosis behavior
- Very low stand-by current
- Enhanced electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) for bulbs as well as LEDs with increased slew rate
- Stable behavior at under voltage
- Device ground independent from load ground
- Green Product (RoHS-Compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Very low power dissipation relaxes the PCB design and enables usage of a standard plastic housing
- Control of two external PROFETs through SPI gives the flexibility to use scalable, pin compatible devices to drive optional loads
- Simplified overal PCB layout, small PCB area, reduced bill of material on system level
- Smaller MCU package required as control is done via SPI daisy chains
- Added diagnostics via SPI in addition to multiplexed current sense
- Module quality improvement using a pre-tested ""system on chip"" device and simplified design
- Highside power switch for 12 V grounded loads
- Especially designed for standard exterior lighting like high beam, low beam, indicator, parking light, using bulbs, HIDL or LEDs
- Further automotive and industrial applications such as heating, motor driving, energy and power distribution
- Replaces electromechanical relays with fuses, as well as discrete chip sets
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.