With CoolSiC™ generation 5 Infineon presents a leading edge technology for SiC Schottky Barrier diodes, delivering market leading efficiency, more system reliability at attractive cost point. Infineon’s thin wafer technology, already introduced with generation 2, is now combined with a new, merged pn junction bringing improved conduction losses, thermal characteristics and surge capabilities. The result is a series of products delivering improved efficiency and reliability in PFC and boost stages over all load conditions with respect to all previous CoolSiC™ generations.
- Best-in-class forward voltage (VF)
- No reverse recovery charge
- Mild positive temperature dependency of VF
- Best-in-class surge current capability
- Excellent thermal performance
- Up to 40 A rated diode
- Highest system efficiency
- Improved system efficiency at low switching frequencies
- Increased power density at high switching frequencies
- Higher system reliability
- Reduced EMI
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.