CoolSiC™ generation 5 represents Infineon’s leading edge technology for SiC Schottky Barrier diodes. The Infineon proprietary diffusion soldering process, already introduced with G3, is now combined with a new, more compact design and thin wafer technology. The result is a new family of products showing improved efficiency over all load conditions, coming from both the improved thermal characteristics and a lower figure of merit (Q c x V f).
- V br at 650V
- Improved figure of merit (Q c x V f)
- No reverse recovery charge
- Soft switching reverse recovery waveform
- Temperature independent switching behavior
- High operating temperature (T j max 175°C)
- Improved surge capability
- Pb-free lead plating
- Higher safety margin against overvoltage and complements CoolMOS™ offer
- Improved efficiency over all load conditions
- Increased efficiency compared to Silicon Diode alternatives
- Reduced EMI compared to snappier Silicon diode reverse recovery waveform
- Highly stable switching performance
- Reduced cooling requirements
- Reduced risks of thermal runaway
- RoHS compliant
- Very high quality and high volume manufacturing capability
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.