The second generation of Infineon's CoolSiC™ Schottky diodes has emerged over the years as the industry standard. The low V f values characterizing this family of products, make it particularly suitable for applications requiring high load efficiency. With the Generation 2 Infineon introduced a design concept consisting in regularly distributed p-doped areas, in conjunction with the pure Schottky ones: the so-called “merged pn-structure” (MPS).
- Benchmark switching behavior
- No reverse recovery charge
- Temperature independent switching behavior
- High operating temperature (T j max 175°C)
- System efficiency improvement compared to Si diodes
- Reduced cooling requirements
- Enabling higher frequency/increased power density
- Higher system reliability due to lower operating temperature
- Reduced EMI
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.