The TLE8209-2 is a SPI programmable H-bridge, designed for the control of DC motors in safety critical automotive applications. It features four selectable current ranges, two selectable slew rate settings and extensive diagnosis via SPI. The device monitors the digital supply voltage V DD and shuts down the output stages in case of V DD over- or undervoltage, thus providing a safe switch off path in case of malfunction of the digital control circuitry. In order to reduce power dissipation in extreme thermal conditions the current limitation threshold is reduced linearly for junction temperatures over 165°C. A thermal warning bit is set in the SPI. The two half bridges can also be used independently to drive two separate loads like solenoids or unidirectional DC motors.
- Programmable current limitation from 1.5 to 8.6 A typ.
- Full path R DSon of 240 mΩ (typ. at Tj=25°C)
- Operating battery supply voltage 4.5 V to 28 V
- Operating logic supply voltage 4.4 to 5.25 V
- Low standby current (8 µA typ.)
- Logic inputs TTL/CMOS-compatible
- All I/O pins overvoltage tolerant up to 18 V
- Enable and disable input
- Short circuit and overtemperature protection
- V S undervoltage protection
- V DD over and undervoltage protection
- Open load detection in off condition
- Temperature dependent current reduction
- Extensive diagnosis capabilities via SPI interface
- Status Flag for basic diagnosis without SPI
- Configurable as H-bridge or two independent half bridges
- Control of power stages by parallel inputs or via SPI
- Output switching frequency up to 11 kHz
- Slewrate programmable through SPI
- Excellent EMC performance
- AEC qualified
- Green product (RoHS compliant)
- Full protection and diagnosis capability enables for use in safety relevant applications covers full automotive temperature range
- No external freewheeling diodes required SPI interface enables direct communictation with microcontroller
- Electronic Throttle Control
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
- Variable Turbo Geometry
- Waste Gate
- Resonant Charging Flaps
- Swirl & Tumble flaps
- Variable Valve timing
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.