The TLE 7209-2R is a full H-Bridge, designed for the control of DC and stepper motors in safety critical applications and under extreme environmental conditions. The H-Bridge is protected against over-temperature and short circuits and has an under voltage lockout for all the supply voltages “VS” (main DC power supply). All malfunctions cause the output stages to go tristate.
The device is configurable by the DMS pin. When grounded, the device gives diagnostic information via a simple error flag. When supplied with VCC = 5 V, the device works in SPI mode.
In this mode, detailed failure diagnosis is available via the serial interface.
- Operating supply voltage 5 V to 28 V
- Typical RDSon = 150 mΩ for each output transistor (at 25 °C)
- Continuous DC load current 5 A (TC < 100 °C)
- Output current limitation at typ. 6.6 A ± 1.1 A
- Short circuit shut-down for output currents over 8 A
- Logic- inputs TTL/CMOS-compatible
- Output switching frequency up to 30 kHz
- Rise and fall times optimized for 0.5-2 kHz
- Over-temperature protection
- Short circuit protection
- Undervoltage disable function
- Diagnostic by SPI or Status-Flag (configurable)
- Enable and Disable inputs
- PG-DSO-20-37, -65 power package
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- Full protection and diagnosis capability enables for use in safety relevant applications covers full automotive temperature range
- No external freewheeling diodes required SPI interface enables direct communictation with microcontroller
- Electronic Throttle Control
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
- Variable Turbo Geometry
- Waste Gate
- Resonant Charging Flaps
- Swirl & Tumble flaps
- Variable Valve timing
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.