The TLE 6209 R is an integrated power H-Bridge with D-MOS output stages for driving bidirectional loads such as DC-Motors. The design is based on Infineons Smart Power Technology SPT which allows bipolar, CMOS and power D-MOS devices on the same monolithic circuit. Operation modes forward (cw), reverse (ccw) and brake are invoked by two control pins PWM and DIR.
Protection and a reliable diagnosis of overcurrent, openload, short-circuit to ground, to the supply voltage or across the load are integrated. Detailed diagnostic information is given via the 8 bit SPI status word. An integrated chopper current limitation limits the current e.g. to reduce power dissipation during mechanical block of a DC motor. Several device parameters can be set by the SPI control word. A three-level temperature monitoring with prewarning, warning and shutdown is included for controlled operation under critical power loss conditions.
- Delivers up to 6 A continuous and 7 A peak current
- Optimized for DC motor management applications
- Very low R DS ON of typ. 150 mΩ @ 25 °C per switch
- Operates at supply voltages of up to 40V
- Overvoltage Protection against transients up to 45 V
- Outputs fully short circuit protected
- Standard SPI-Interface, daisy chain capability
- Adjustable chopper current regulation of up to 7 A
- Temperature monitor with prewarning, warning and shutdown
- Over- and Undervoltage-Lockout
- Open load detection
- Detailed load failure diagnosis by SPI
- Minimized power dissipation due to active free-wheeling
- Low EMI due to voltage slope regulation
- Very low current consumption (typ. 20 μA @ 25 °C) in stand-by (Inhibit) mode
- Green Product (RoHS compliant)
- AEC Qualified
- Full protection and diagnosis capability enables for use in safety relevant applications, covers full automotive temperature range
- No external freewheeling diodes required
- SPI interface enables bidrectional communictation with microcontroller
- Electronic Throttle Control
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
- Variable Turbo Geometry
- Waste Gate
- Resonant Charging Flaps
- Swirl & Tumble flaps
- Variable Valve timing
Find an answer to your question
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon welcomes your comments and questions.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please fill out the following form. Your inquiry will be sent to the appropriate specialist who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
You will receive a confirmation E-mail to validate your address in our system. Any attached file to the reply which will help to support your inquiry is highly appreciated.